what certificate should be issued after installing a new boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss what certificate should be issued after installing a new boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky

Gas Engineer
a friend has a new boiler installed in his kitchen, the guy issued a landlord certificate to him, i thought the landlord certificate is only for landlords who going to let their properties, am i right?

cheers

Some of the certs have a bit where instead of filling out a safety check you can fill out it for a service or an installation its a good way of keeping a customers details

a friend has a new boiler installed in his kitchen, the guy issued a landlord certificate to him, i thought the landlord certificate is only for landlords who going to let their properties, am i right?

cheers

legally your friend must receive a copy of the lgsc(landlords gas safety certificate)the master copy would go to the landlord or letting agent

hi gasman, sorry i did not say clearly, my friend has the property, a plumber installed a new boiler for him, afther finishing the job, he issued a landlord certificate to prove his work, is this ok? as i know the council would send him a letter to acknowledge this but he never got the letter

yes this is fine even though he is working for your friend ,as the council own his/her property he must issue a landlords certificate

Yes he should recieve letter off gas safe and gas safe will inform his local council

my friend still has not received the letter from local council, i believe the plumber is gas safe registered becausemy friend has checked his card, what shall he do now?

Bluesky

It is not 100% clear. Is your friend a tenant of the council?

Issuing the landlord certificate should be fine for the installation, but as the others say this should then be notified to Gas Safe who send through the certificates which are important for future sale of the house. If he is a tenant then surely the copy of the Landlord Inspection form should serve him fine even though Gas Safe should be notified of the installation.

Give it some time and then nudge the installer if it's that important and he'll be able to confirm whether he's yet notified Gas Safe. He could just be a little slow at paperwork!

hi capitanpugwash, my friend owns the property, he is not a tenant, the installation has completed for nearly 3 month, normally how long does it take to get the letter from council?

If your friend owns the property then I don't think the council have to be informed or send you a letter. You say your friend has received a letter from Gas Safe confirming registration? Then your friend isn't due any more paperwork.

hi anz, my friend only received a landlord certificate from the guy who installed the boiler, he has not received anything from either gas safe or the council

Gas safe notify council you dont get anything off the council.you should recieve a building regulation compliance gas safety certificate.Off gas safe

Bluesky,

Tell him to ring the installer just to check that he has registered the boiler with Gas Safe as he is still waiting for the compliance certificate....

the engineer should install the boiler fill in the bechmark book and notify gas safe so they can notify the local council who will then issue a building complience certificate he need not issue anyother cert if he has filled the commisioning section of the bench mark book that is ok
i hope this answers your question people do get longwinded on here sometimes you question was perfectly clear mate

At the top of my certificates, it says Landlord/Home Owner Gas Safety Record. That means it can be issued to home owners as well, but I don't see the need for it.

The benchmark and registration to gas safe is all that is required.

i spolke to a techguy at GSR about the compliance certs as we had a customer who was going to have some gas work done after i had signed off my work. This other worker wasnt even a plumber less a GSR engineer. i rang gas safe and told them and asked if i could recinder the cert and i was told that it is the HOMEOWNERS responsibility to inform GSR of the installation and not the installer, we should only do it to cover our own backs.

What certificate should one fill in after changing a boiler component?

If rented you should fill in CP12 as you have affected the appliance the old certificate is invalid. Wouldnt hurt to inspect other appliances as the last fitter may have missed a trick. Also don't forget receipt!

For home owner issue a cp12 if that's what they want otherwise just note in benchmark book what's been done and you have carries out reg26(9) checks.

if its a council owned property they will want the certificate from gas safe chase the plumber

if its a council owned property they will want the certificate from gas safe chase the plumber

Sounds like the guy is trying to eliminate a paper trail for tax reasons rather than anything else to me, he's done it all then given a llsc rather than notifying gas safe therefore not involving mr taxman

Sounds like the guy is trying to eliminate a paper trail for tax reasons rather than anything else to me, he's done it all then given a llsc rather than notifying gas safe therefore not involving mr taxman

Or complying with building regulations! Has he been looking in the empty boiler box for part-p? He found parts A to O but no part p?

If rented you should fill in CP12 as you have affected the appliance the old certificate is invalid. Wouldnt hurt to inspect other appliances as the last fitter may have missed a trick. Also don't forget receipt!

For home owner issue a cp12 if that's what they want otherwise just note in benchmark book what's been done and you have carries out reg26(9) checks.
What a load of nonsense!

Where did you here that? Someone is pulling your leg.

There is no requirement to issue a certificate for changing boiler component
and least of all a new landlords certificate in rented property.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
S
Nothing other than a pain to work on not...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Could be the expansion relief or an overflow...
Replies
Views
Back