What do you think of my work? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What do you think of my work? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

J

JD89

22337d1437777560-what-do-you-think-my-work-image.jpgJust wondering what you lads think of my work.

I'm level 3 and just passed my OFTEC. Been plumbing since I was 22 I'm now 25.

Sorry image is on the squiff but the uploader on here messed it up!!

Thanks!

View attachment 22337

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad for 3rd year mate .

Looks good,
Would of used machine bends on the gas and Flow/return going up the wall
And would of kept them 22mm and reduced down after the first T or upstairs

oh dear!
firstly put the dam pic right way up..
its a worcester :(
whats with the blow-off?
and the wiring, why not swing it closer?

neat though ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not familiar with that boiler MI and havent looked at MI. But prv into condensate.
Leccy cable trailing gas pipe ??
Hard ro tell from a 2d photo.
Either way that leccy cable is bang-untidy

Worcester compact ?? And the prv needs to be in copper mate

I can see you have put some effort and thought in to your pipe routes which is good, but as has been said you can't combine the prv and condense like that.
The flex to the fused spur is untidy and should be routed away from the gas pipe work. It looks like you have an open end on the gas pipe work to the cooker maybe you hadn't soldered a coupler in there yet.
I don't understand the drain off on the return at that height as won't drain downstairs radiators and Boiler can be drained from its own drain off. Also from a design point of view I think a couple more clips would have held the pipe work straighter on the return especially with the weight of the filter hanging off to one side.
Always try and line all your clips on different pipes up. And when you have a number of passovers to do over the same pipe either do all verticals over horizontal or all horizontal over vertical it looks a little odd when some pass behind and some in front of the same pipe right next to each other. Where does the condense and prv run to at present?

I know it might all seem like negative criticism but please take it as the valuable feedback that it is, and don't stop asking for it. It is hard to stand up and show your work so well done for putting it up. It may be harder to accept the criticism, but if you take on board what's been said you will get to the standard you obviously want to achieve much quicker. Sort the bits that are not to regulation and Keep up the hard work.

I think it takes balls to put a picture up on the forum. Good on ya for that. There's a lot of good advice given in how to improve things so take that on board. Stick around tho!

The install looks ok. I see a lot worse from experienced installers. There is a couple of things that could look a bit better but in general not too shabby.

Things like I would of ran the pipes down the wall in the order that they join the boiler so it would of gone return, gas, flow as this would cut down the amount of bends at the bottom.
Clipping the cable back to the wall.
Keeping all the clips the same level (not 1 on the gas at the bottom)

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

O
  • Article
Are at home Level 2 courses actually viable...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
Wow thanks for posting. And thanks for posting...
Replies
Views
Bit late to the show but I would have beeen...
Replies
Views
Back