What is the best wireless programmer that works with Vaillant? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What is the best wireless programmer that works with Vaillant? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

I

Ian1964

Hi,
I am looking for an alternative programmer for my Vaillant ECO PRO28.
[FOR AROUND £100]

Can anybody recommend a good wireless programmer?

I want to be able to easily turn the centrl heating on when I get home, and off when I go out.
And I'd like to know the status of the boiler, eg is it heating the radiators or not.

any recommendations please?

Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
looks a bit expensive for what I want!
Is there anything for around £100 that has boiler status and other basic controls?
180_honeywell-900-control-station.jpg

Thanks dancinplumba,
honeywell 900 series. looks really nice, and just over £100.

is it easy to interface to the Vaillant boiler?

has anyone been able to get hold of the honeywell wireless modulating stat yet ?? its available in europe.
our local rep sez we brits will wire it up wrong !!!
think its 957 ???

has anyone been able to get hold of the honeywell wireless modulating stat yet ?? its available in europe.
our local rep sez we brits will wire it up wrong !!!
think its 957 ???

Wouldn't surprise me that some would wire it up wrong.

What I've noticed is that the UK tends to be 10 years behind Germany in the adoption of, well, pretty much anything. "If my grandad didn't use it, I won't" or something...

ask your local rep that if Germany is so advanced,and Honeywell are at the forefront of technology and so efficient why does it take them a eternity to answer the phone ?

Why not just get a Vaillant wireless stat/programmer off ebay, you can get the older model which is much easier to use for about £90. Simple to fit as its Vaillants own model, also simple(ish) to use, none of them are easy to use.

@AAP
OK, For my £2000, I got the following:
Vaillant Eco Tec Pro 28 combi
Vaillant VRT392F wirelss programmer/thermostat
New flue and extensions
In line water softener, a
In line magnetic thing to catch the iron in the radiator system
and all fitted.

So yes, I got the thermostat within the progammer.
Ian

@halesowen1
Thanks for that,
I was obsessed with the hi-tec looking vrt392f, I never even looked at alternatives.
I never imagined something that looked so good could be lacking in features like boiler status indicators, and easy on/off.
Next time I'll be a bit less impulsive!
Honeywell seems to be popular on here, but I'll look at the older vaillants too.

VRT 360 I believe, its a lot easier to use. I still fit these on most of the Vaillants I fit, I find them easier to explane to customer, the newer model is much harder for the customer. I dont want call outs due to them not being able to use the programmer.
I always get them off ebay, theres loads still on there.

Similar plumbing topics

That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
So I've used a wireless thermostat to activate...
Replies
Views
That looks like excessive wear on the housing...
2 3
Replies
Views
F23 being a circulation fault could point to...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
Back