What sound system do you have in your van? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What sound system do you have in your van? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys, i am looking to buy a cd player in my van and am wondering if you guys know of any decent ones?

My van is a vauxhall vivaro 2006 model. Am thinking, that maybe one with a sat nav integrated. Do any of you chaps have one of these? Or is it a no no.

To be honest, i am not sure what kind of stereo i can put in my car as where the casette player is now, it will leave a huge gap in it if i put a normal stereo. If that is even possible.

Am getting fed up with the radio all the time. I would like to learn a bit of spanish from AtoB. As, i have realised, there is actually quite a lot of time spent in the van in this job!

Wow you must be earning loads to be concerned about your tunes in your work motor.
All you need is an iphone tune gallor

I made sure my van had all the mod cons when I bought it, air con, elec windows, cd, etc. But if the truth be told I don't use the cd much, prefer the radio for local news, traffic etc.

However the wife has a renault scenic, piece of cack, but I bought her a cd player a couple of years back. It was a kenwood I think, also can plug in the old mp3, but it was the same situation, the renault radio came out and left a big hole. Think I bought a trim from halfords that filled the hole.

i only listen to the radio

find cds too much of a fuss, selecting tracks etc

I can't stand the radio, drives me completely insane. Radio 1 makes me want to remove my brain with tweezers and wash it, radio 2 makes me feel old, radio 4 makes me go to sleep, local radio is just ads and the same 50 songs. I could have 5 million songs on my iPod and I wouldn't want to listen to any of them either as I become bored so quickly. But silence is boring. And the sole company of my brain is boring. So like the ADHD ridden nutjob I clearly am I spend my time switching non-stop every few seconds between radio, cd, tape, silence, talking out loud to myself, radio, cd, tape, silence, talking out loud to myself.

They use forced music at Guantanamo Bay as a form of torture. I used to work in a shop where we had to have a set playlist of music on. I would have rather worn a hair shirt. The people I feel sorry for this time of year is those forced to listen to christmas songs on repeat. It should be illegal. It IS torture.

absolute radio is great, no repeats and good music, shame its on AM though dont get a good signal, they play all kinds of music from oasis to pink floyd, full tracks aswell not the cut down radio versions.

I cruise with a standard vauxhall system and a duff ariel that drives me insane, I too am in the market for another radio as everytime a decent song comes on the reception goes and I miss it.

Can you buy digital radios for cars?

Mono - driver's window open
Stereo - driver and passenger windows open

No idea what machine I have - radio/cd player.

I can't stand the radio, drives me completely insane. Radio 1 makes me want to remove my brain with tweezers and wash it, radio 2 makes me feel old, radio 4 makes me go to sleep, local radio is just ads and the same 50 songs. I could have 5 million songs on my iPod and I wouldn't want to listen to any of them either as I become bored so quickly. But silence is boring. And the sole company of my brain is boring. So like the ADHD ridden nutjob I clearly am I spend my time switching non-stop every few seconds between radio, cd, tape, silence, talking out loud to myself, radio, cd, tape, silence, talking out loud to myself.

They use forced music at Guantanamo Bay as a form of torture. I used to work in a shop where we had to have a set playlist of music on. I would have rather worn a hair shirt. The people I feel sorry for this time of year is those forced to listen to christmas songs on repeat. It should be illegal. It IS torture.

Radio 1 has gone downhill in the last few years, nothing worse than Ferne Cotton in the morning, and those afternoon DJ's bore the ar5£ off me. Chris Moyles is okay but is let down by the moronic comedy Dave.
Bring back Mark & Lard!

think I would fall asleep on those long journeys if i didnt listen to the radio

standard stereo that came with the van, only listen to the radio normally radio one cus i cant stand adverts.

redio is boring boys cos you never listen to KISS 100 specially from 11am-12 is the time when they play old tunes ! i have in my the standard vw t5 cd player and could do with update but there is no cash to be spent on stereo

Cant stand the adverts on Absolute.

I flick between radio 1, radio 2 and 6 music.

Cant stand the adverts on Absolute.

I flick between radio 1, radio 2 and 6 music.

yes the adverts are a pain, but plays good music, unlike the crap that gets repeated on radio one and the others

You can't seem to buy a stand alone car radio without a faffing CD player, CD's are old hat especially in cars, last thing I want are discs everywhere along with the banana skins, merchant receipts, sweet wrappers and assorted junk already stroon all over the front seats and footwells.

A dab radio and MP3 input is all I need.

while at work i have to keep radio down low due to site running considerate construction scheme which means you cant even have a radio on.

you know when you sit on a train and you have no ipod with you to drown people out and then two teenagers get on, sit within earshot and begin to chat. and you cannot help but listen, try as you might, and just the inanity of it, the mindless gibberish, the "and she was like and i was like and they were totally like and oh my god..." droning drivel makes you want to shout ARRRRRGHHHHHHH SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!......??

that's what radio 1 is. and when one of the kids ringtones interrupts their conversation with tuneless bleeps? that's radio 1 playing a song.

Its the Christmas songs that I hate, Oh god I Hate them!

That new Mick Hucknall one makes me want to drink the drain unblocker! :lipsrsealed2:

Its the Christmas songs that I hate, Oh god I Hate them!

That new Mick Hucknall one makes me want to drink the drain unblocker! :lipsrsealed2:
But you just can't beat the Pogues after a few beers. The lead singer even begins to look a handsome chappie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No, I believe you absolutely. My own problem...
Replies
Views
Padlock and chain through handles of power...
Replies
Views
P
Is that for both the feed and return pipes ?
Replies
Views
P
L
sorry for it being in one big paragraph but...
Replies
Views
LPG2012
L
G
worth noting thwt the by pass is needed for...
Replies
Views
fuzzy
F
Back