What to charge for LPG work on static caravans. ? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What to charge for LPG work on static caravans. ? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

jtsplumbing

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys just looking for advise on chargeing for work ! Have been offerd some work doing CP12s and repair work on a camp site on dartmoor, and was woundering what would be a fair price ?
Would it be :

1. Price per appliance (eg 1st at £45.00 each extra appliance £15.00)

2. Fixed price per van say £55.00

3. Or day rate

Any repaires to be charged at say £45.00 per hr + parts.

Just woundering what your thoughts are on the above prices any feedback would be welcome

Price number 1 sounds about right, but you have to test the water with the client, also is it a large on going contrct? if so maybe bring the price down slightly for on going work, I supose it depends how busy you are

The firm I'm doing some subbing for charge £55 a throw. Your better off using form CP2 as it's designed for the leisure industry. Beware the first time you look at the vans we're finding a lot of stuff that has been done incorrectly, soldered joints on gas, ventilation altered etc.

Hi bod, its about 5 miles, will total around 30 units + 3 cottages, work to include yearly safety check, + any repaires as & when required throught year.

Thanks mike jackson, my mistake will be useing CP2 forms, just woundering what is the average price charged in other parts of UK, What do you do for the £55. ?? What about serviceing ? From what i have seen the manufactures seem to under size pipe work, insulation is a joke, but was told as thay are not permanent dwellings that they get away with a lot of things.

This is inspect and service but it's on big sites where it's possible to easily do 8 or more in a day. It's getting easier as all the new vans are coming with electric fires so no more removing panels to check closed flues. If you charge £45 plus £15 per appliance it puts you up to £75 to £90 per van and this will likely put you out of the running.

Thanks Mike for your input, this is somthing i am looking to get into, and trying to offer a fair price, but not over or under price, £45. to £55 per unit seems average price so far for just the cert ! some vans belong to site others private owned, owner likes to supply any parts so thinking of asking around £35. fixd price for repaires wile on site, or £45 if called out, your thoughts on this please.

I'd be looking at an hourly rate for anything over and above the annual check, especially as you are not supplying the parts. If the owner supplies the wrong part it will cost you money if you offer a fixed price.

Similar plumbing topics

It’s ok depends when / if they were last...
Replies
Views
No, I believe you absolutely. My own problem...
Replies
Views
A lot depends on your location & the amount of...
Replies
Views
Us in nottingham say showerr.
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
That's roughly what I would charge to. The...
Replies
Views
Back