what van do you drive???? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 4 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss what van do you drive???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah its manual, just likes to drink alot of fuel.

My Kombi 140 ps gives me around 425 miles for £100. Mostly short local journeys, mind you my previous van a 104 ps Kombi was about the same.

I usually manage 600 miles and 38-39mpg in my transit which usually means I've 7-8 miles of traffic behind me ...

(I do pull over to let people overtake but some just slow down with me as they have probably never overtaken anything in their life...)

my vito does about 500 miles to the tank, approx £90. Just got back from the caravan a round trip of about 360 miles used about £65 in fuel, if i used the range rover it would have cost at least £100

I drive an 09 plate Volkswagen Crafter MWB with about 13k on the clock. It's like a mini-plumber merchant in the back, all racked and stock binned to the max. I hate going to the merchant mid-job for something that's why!

£70 for 350 miles at the moment, starting to cost less each time I fill now as I think the engine is starting to bed in.

Love it!

08 SWB Vivaro got it 2 years ago with 18 months warranty left and 14K on it and has now got 31k on it, would reccomend them!

Got to be said :
ALL ABOUT THE FORD !!!!!!!!!!
Downsized to a connect from a transit , carry less , everything else is better !

2008 Vw t5 1.9 tdi 102bhp, always fill mine to max when fuel light comes on!

I have always got 560-570... Always!!!

After servicing van with new Bosch air filter, fuel filter & castrol edge oil ( good stuff) I have got 600 miles until the fuel light comes on! I'm well happy!! :)

We need a van forum for all van related threads, it can include van pics, recommended vans, racking, roof tube & security upgrades etc...

Yeh I could go for that gas safe but fords & vw's only yeh :)

New transit looks pretty smart... I'm not sure i would want one just yet tho, there may be teething problems... Plus production has moved to some cheap place I think...

Jivaro much more efficient when on the road. Tranny is the standard. we have high top sprinters but they love the rain and salt brown love marks all over after 5 years. Like vw don't like vw prices.

I'm not sure what's goin on with mercedes... There supposed to be a premium brand but I see alot of 2006 type years covered in rust :0 would put me off one forever

I really need to give it a wash and tidy up

commer.jpg

I've seen 3 year old mercedes vitos with more rust than that...

It actually looks like a good sized plumbing van that one lol!

It actually looks like a good sized plumbing van that one lol!

They were a decent van in their day. Drives like a boat tho and about the same top speed. Good apprentice seat on top of the engine.

I'm just getting my first van since going solo, thinking of a caddy would like to go kombi but probably end up with maxi, any ideas on where to source racking?
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You can do but you have to make sure that...
Replies
Views
That is true - however with Vaillant...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds like it’s overheating. Firstly check if...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Pump/feed/expansion are piped/in wrong...
Replies
Views
Back