What would your price be? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What would your price be? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Just curious what others would charge. Obviously you haven't seen the job but its fairly typical
Move 3x bedroom rads from internal walls to under windows (lift floor bards)
Move living room rad from one wall to another, new pipe drops from above
Replace 1x bathroom radiator with towel rail (customer supplying towel rail and valves)

I said £650

Just curious what others would charge. Obviously you haven't seen the job but its fairly typical
Move 3x bedroom rads from internal walls to under windows (lift floor bards)
Move living room rad from one wall to another, new pipe drops from above
Replace 1x bathroom radiator with towel rail (customer supplying towel rail and valves)

I said £650

Is that plus materials and VAT?
if it is I think you're about right.

Yea about right I think 100 labour for each of the rads under windows (3 hours each)

3-4 hours for the rad and drops 100-130 labour

Towel rad 30-45 labour

Materials your looking aprox 150-200 (depends how far your moving etc)

£300
£130
£45
£200

Total £675

Day to day and a half tbh

About right i sent out a estimate last night one for a combi conversion and another including swapping all the rad had a email back this morning saying.
I think you had better check the qoute for boiler and rads ... seems a bit steep!!!

Added 700 on to supply and fit 9 rads with l/s and alter pipework slightly from imperial to metric

If it's an empty house with no carpets, it's a bit steep
If it's inhabited with carpets/furniture etc to move, it's about right
I wouldn't get away with that price around me for 1/1.5 days work

I would say that's a little on the cheap side

Personally I'd say it's cheap. But everyone has different amounts of money they are happy earning in a day and if you are earning what you want then don't worry!

I'd be looking for that for labour, + VAT and materials on top tbh. In my late 20s I was happy lifting floorboards for not much cash. Now I'm in my late 30s I'm not so happy lifting them unless cash is good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Plumb centre charged me £28 for a vaillant...
Replies
Views
P
Baxi boilers are light and quiet but I doubt...
Replies
Views
That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
Back