Whati boiler Manufacture? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Whati boiler Manufacture? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha man

Gas Engineer
Evening All,

What boiler manufacture are most recomended on here by you qualified pros, We are thinking of moving on to a different make of boiler as we seem to be have more and more problems with getting Alpha out to do warranty work on their boilers?

I fit around 50-60 Alphas a year and very rarely do they go wrong, Occansionly we repair them and cover the parts and labour costs ourselves, without even calling Alpha.

Now of late, they are very reluctant to come out or to even call my customer, if they call them at all, which is very annoying which in tale means we get it in the ear!!

We are looking for a simple/ish reliable boiler which is hassle free to install and reasonable to repair with cheaper spare part prices.

What do you recomend from youre own experiences

Ive got the Ideal rep calling Wednesday pm and hopefully Worcester soon,

Anymore companys worth getting hold off.

Thanks Guys.

Hi Alpha man we fit Valliant or Viessmann they are installer friendly, hardly ever go wrong and they carry out a 5 year warrenty as standard, granted they are not the cheapest but they knock the spots off Worcester (this is only our opinion) been doing it 30 years now so we would like to think we know a little bit, but some guys on here may have a different opinion, hope this helps anyway.
Steve.

i would definatly have a word with remeha nice boiler to fit once you know how seem reliable and ive heard the do great discounts for larger installers

Ideal would be the last people i would get, icos and isar are total rubbish, not sure about the Logic though, heard a few positives about it.

Agree with stevetheplumber remeha seem to have a good name, price good to!

Are Ideal bad then, I often see a few questions on here,

2 for Baxi and Remeha and 1 for Vailiant and Viessmann, more guys?

Thanks guys and keep em coming.

Intergas are spot on I have yet had the need to repair one but have installed plenty, but look very easy to work on should a repair be required. Also excellent technical service

vailant are good i have found and have good customer care after sale if any problems , fitted couple viessmans but not sure how good they are time will tell i suppose,hate wworcestors not a fan at all , rubbish and hassle to fit ,overated (imo) and dont have a great customer care after which i found out

Are Ideal bad then, I often see a few questions on here,

2 for Baxi and Remeha and 1 for Vailiant and Viessmann, more guys?

Thanks guys and keep em coming.
ideal are the worst,comparable to heatline,ferroli,ravenheat,insert other tat here

Vaillant are my preferred choice.

I've looked at the Intergas at a merchants,the design seems good but I thought it looked a bit cheap,especially the control panel. Maybe I'll look again.

Loved fitting Valiants when I was in UK, but found clients wanted a cheaper option.
Fit Valiants & Junkers here, as they send there guy out to commission and sign off for the guarentee.
Often wondered why the big boys in the UK have not pushed there products in europe, always getting asked for Honeywell, Potterton, Baxi etc.

Potterton seem to break down a lot there potterton powermax is a write off don't go near them fit vaillants good boiler no problems

Gone off Worcesters but they do have a good back up service.

Vailants I've heard have gone the same way as the above. Call their Tecnical and see how long it takes them to answer. I understand only a 2 year warranty

Fitted a few Mains, Not bad

Fitted one Viessman and very impressed 5 year warranty. Manuals a bit "not to the point" Written by German boffins

Dimplex is the surprise package fitted a few now as my cheaper line. Back up is good Tec answers phone and a 5 year warranty. A few niggly things but really not a bad boiler.

Phone up all their Tecs talk to there reps and pick a boiler that backs its self up with a good warranty.

Anything with a stainless steel heat exchanger for a start, so that rules out the WB, Viessmans Inox Stainless steel heat exchanger is a Peach, no failures in the 18+ years theyve been using it apt, quality Grundfoss hydroblock, I agree with the instruction issuses, plenty "lost in translation", The 200 seris has lambda technology too.

Thanks guys for your input, anymore to consider??

Like i said earlier in post Valliant or Viessmann, you will thank us in a years time, agree Viessmann instructions need to be better, told rep and he agreed and said they were addressing problem, 5 year gaurantee what more can i say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Thanks mate. Been very lucky, a neighbour...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
Back