Whati boiler Manufacture? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Whati boiler Manufacture? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been looking at the viessman myself after recommendations on this thread. They seem quite pricey.

Ideal rep came in today, Logic + doesnt look to bad, 5 year guarantee etc, Worcester and Viessmann reps next week.

maybe you could start a little import business

I would stick Remeha's on the list

Would love to, but when you get inspected for the gas contract, if the appliance is not on the list, no gas!!

Ideal rep came in today, Logic + doesnt look to bad, 5 year guarantee etc, Worcester and Viessmann reps next week.

Most will disagree but the logic is a totally different unit to the previous Isar & Iocs which everyone knows are absolutely rubbish.

Most will not touch Ideal now due to these boilers being the worst and most unreliable boiler

Easy to fit too (Logic) and are as good as a valiant build quality.

But as previously stated intergas every time

Ive gone off Valliant myself, and I seem to be be going to a lot of breakdowns on the ecotec recently.

I recommend the logic range, good boiler, competitive price and easy to install. Ideal have definetly invested alot of time in getting this one right.

Agree quality, just what i said in my second post on here, but its still Valliant for me, may try the Logic though just to compare.

Cheaper than a WB or Vaillant.

Really? i must be looking in the wrong place mate. Had a look on the net and its coming back at a grand for boiler and flue for a 100-w combi 26 kw. What are you getting them for and where? if you dont mind me asking. Cheers.

Last edited:
Really? i must be looking in the wrong place mate. Had a look on the net and its coming back at a grand for boiler and flue for a 100-w combi 26 kw. What are you getting them for and where? if you dont mind me asking. Cheers.
Off the top of my head I dont know, with the new vat rate etc, alot cheaper than on the internet anyway, compare the price between a WB 30 CDI, a Valliant 831 and The Viessman is approx £80 ish cheaper like for like, the 200 series is alot more money, but not much more than a WB CDI in the grand scheme of things.

i think worcesters & vaillants are excellent boilers,5 years ago i fitted 23 greenstar juniors to some properties i look after,i service them each year & can honestly say i've not had 1 problem with any of the boilers ,however i have had a few of the plug in timeclock's pack in.
but the boilers i can not fault..........

Off the top of my head I dont know, with the new vat rate etc, alot cheaper than on the internet anyway, compare the price between a WB 30 CDI, a Valliant 831 and The Viessman is approx £80 ish cheaper like for like, the 200 series is alot more money, but not much more than a WB CDI in the grand scheme of things.

£1134 boiler/flue/clock with a local supplier
£900 boiler/flue/clock is a promotion plumbase have at the moment.

Still more then the vaillant for me. Were do you get yours bud?

Eh Bodd! dont get ya, tell me more.

Hello Yorki

I prosume you'll be trying the Ideal Boiler with a customer?
What happens if its a peice of ****.
Then customer is lumberd with a **** boiler.

I've done it so not preaching, Guinea pigs spring to mind

Last edited by a moderator:
I fitted my first logic as requested by a customer and have fitted a few since they are a decent boiler but I recommend intergas because I know they are good

Bodd, thats why i joined this forum for feed back, been told they are ok so i will try one (ideal logic), cant see how that is playing with peoples lives, dont think i would call my customers Guinea pigs, what a strange couple of posts you have sent!

If i cant take recommendations of guys on this post, then whats the point of feedback etc?

Bodd, thats why i joined this forum for feed back, been told they are ok so i will try one (ideal logic), cant see how that is playing with peoples lives, dont think i would call my customers Guinea pigs, what a strange couple of posts you have sent!

Im only Joking yorkie, I'm talking for all o the Industry. Customers do put their trust in us. And we can only do our resurch and do what we think is best.

A little while before Christmas I started fitting Dimplex, Never even heard of them before. Good boiler, but give it time they may prove a peiceof ****.

I'm not getting at you mate.

Bod

I think Dimplex is the new name for Halstead boilers, an attempt to improve their image maybe ?

I know what you mean about customer "guinea pigs". Many years ago I was due to fit a Baxi 80E for a customer in the middle of winter after her old boiler had packed in. When I went to the merchants they had sold the Baxi by mistake but as it happened the merchants had a breakfast morning for Chaffoteaux & I was persuaded by their rep to buy a Chaff MX2. I have felt guilty ever since ;) Luckily the Chaff has since passed on & I replaced it with a Vaillant.

Anyway, in reply to the OP, my choice would be Vaillant as long as its a combi or system boiler. The open vented Vaillants are re-badged Glow-worms I think so maybe there is a better open vented boiler around.

My mate recommended Biazi to me 10 or so years ago. He went to the factory in Italy. Fantastic boiler. Anyway my first job starting my own business, fitted one for an old neighbour.

The Bugger lasted 18 months, variouse things going wrong. In the end I said lets scrap the thing and fit a worcester. I did the job for nothing and my understading neighbour payed for the boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
Thanks mate. Been very lucky, a neighbour...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks for the reply, that did cross my...
Replies
Views
Back