What's been going on with the forum then? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 3 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss What's been going on with the forum then? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like we've been just fine with the new setup.

Whao just sat down, cracked my third can on thirsty Thursday tried to log back on..Boom im an electrician. Not bad though cos i know how to fit dimmer switches. next time theres a crash Dan can u link us with the joinery site, I need to make some casement windows..Cheers.

Still actively fighting. We seem to be winning again right now.

Mines still being very intermittent. I need my forum fix!!!

They're not going to give up just yet.

So I'm protecting the forums for the long-term. This isn't something we'll undo next month once it goes quiet. We'll need this protection forever now.

So main thing is get the forums stay online. Then workaround everything we've had to lose feature-wise for the sake of gaining stability.

Mines still being very intermittent. I need my forum fix!!!
That'll be a DNS cache issue.

Unfortunately every time we're offline for a bit, if your IPS or network or whatever takes a cache of the site while it's down, sometimes it'll load you that version even when it's actually back online.

Those sorts of things just iron themselves out as new cache versions are taken.

But we have been offline a here and there today since about 5pm

Thats a notable botnet....
i was under the impression most were being kept under 25/30k to stop em being noticed?

not to mention its taken rather awhile to amass that many bots!
Unless its someone with a bitmining community?

I cant even see why you would be targetted dan!
Pretty extreme even from a competitor!!

hope you get sorted.

Thats a notable botnet....
i was under the impression most were being kept under 25/30k to stop em being noticed?

not to mention its taken rather awhile to amass that many bots!
Unless its someone with a bitmining community?
Ummmm is this English?

Thanks for all the hard work going on behind the scenes Dan hope its all sorted soon....regards Turnpin:biggrin:

Good luck Dan and the double clever people on the team, Looks like its been a grueler.

Have you tried one of them clever electricians? Bet they could sort it.

That'll be a DNS cache issue.

Unfortunately every time we're offline for a bit, if your IPS or network or whatever takes a cache of the site while it's down, sometimes it'll load you that version even when it's actually back online.

Those sorts of things just iron themselves out as new cache versions are taken.

But we have been offline a here and there today since about 5pm
Cheers Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Love
It is London and Manchester, if you download...
Replies
Views
J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
D
hahaha , we'll still be counting the cash on...
Replies
Views
L
If it's got a few issues that will cost a lot...
Replies
Views
Back