When is filling loop not a filling loop??? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss When is filling loop not a filling loop??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm honest I could fully understood the principle of it, something I failed to mention in the OP was that the secondary pressure gauge differed from the one on the boiler by about 3/4 of a bar. My fault for not including sorry about that I'm typing quick on the iPhone with fat fingers

We are all learning. Always best to ask than not. No matter if it's a silly question or not. No question that needs answering though in my opinion is silly. It's all about learning. And that is why we are on here. To learn and help out.

you know this is not a Q for here , I was surprised my self so must be you too

If I'm honest I could fully understood the principle of it, something I failed to mention in the OP was that the secondary pressure gauge differed from the one on the boiler by about 3/4 of a bar. My fault for not including sorry about that I'm typing quick on the iPhone with fat fingers

answer my q why it was reading different ...

this is q for OP

When I was learning, (still am learning!!!) but when the learning curve was steeper, I would ask questions ALL the time. I also had my head in books a lot, and would glean anything I could from more experienced tradesmen.

I still have a lot to learn, and still ask the odd "obvious" question.

Better to ask and know, than have too much pride and make a costly mistake.

Apologies mfgs and all I have never left filling loops attached. Consider my question answered if you're all happy that loops left aren't really that much of an issue cheers all and sorry for the daft question

No need to apologise mate. You asked a question and found out the answer. I bet for every question I have asked on here, someone has thought that's an easy question to answer. Its only easy when you know it, and you like most of us are learning on a daily basis by encountering things we haven't seen before.

Its called a remote filling loop. Perfectly acceptable.

Filling loops should be disconnected and capped after use but you will be lucky to find 1 in 20 that are.

Thank you all its nice to know there are such helpful lads out there not too busy to lend a paw. It is appreciated.

dont be silly , i wanted the op to think and learn some thing more out of this thread !

The rason I answered is because I got all excited for actually maybe knowing the answer to a question on the forum. I am just learning you see and have just been asking questions when I needed help. So is my guess correct safegas?

Yes gold.jpg

Its a £1000 on who wants to be a millionaire.

The questions are only easy if you know the answer.

Hardest questions in the world are the one's you don't know the answers to.

Also sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees and it's the simplest things that trip you up.

Never stop asking questions.

Except the one's that start with "Ahem!" while rattling an empty glass................

the cheap filling loops don't comply with water regs the check valve should be fitted to the cold but not possible with the cheap ones only one iso on them
Did not know you can still buy them? Question nowadays typically is "slotted or handles?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yep spot on
Replies
Views
The two red valves with brass caps on eg the...
Replies
Views
Where is the boiler located? Height wise from...
Replies
Views
This morning still hissing then I turned the...
Replies
Views
...cos it's a perfectly serviceable boiler...
Replies
Views
Back