Where's the best place to site a heating expansion vessel? | Plumbers Arms | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Where's the best place to site a heating expansion vessel? in the Plumbers Arms area at Plumbers Forums

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening all,

I'm converting a regular boiler to a sealed system and unvented cylinder. The Megaflow is in the bathroom and the boiler downstairs high on a wall. I'm running the cylinder vent to the soil stack. I'm struggling to decide where to put the expansion vessel on the heating. It's an s plan with the pump and valves next to the cylinder. Should I put the vessel on the primary return or the heating return? Does it matter where the filling loop goes on the return? If I put the vessel near the cylinder can I route the blow off through the tundish from the unvented cylinder? Any advice appreciated.

Jock

Put it on the common return back to the boiler no valves or controls on the pipe , you will need a seperate pipe run for prv . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190302-193612_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20190302-193612_Photos.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 11
Evening all,

I'm converting a regular boiler to a sealed system and unvented cylinder. The Megaflow is in the bathroom and the boiler downstairs high on a wall. I'm running the cylinder vent to the soil stack. I'm struggling to decide where to put the expansion vessel on the heating. It's an s plan with the pump and valves next to the cylinder. Should I put the vessel on the primary return or the heating return? Does it matter where the filling loop goes on the return? If I put the vessel near the cylinder can I route the blow off through the tundish from the unvented cylinder? Any advice appreciated.

Jock
Tee the vessel in behind the pump as you would with the cold feed pipe, or if the cold feed is like that already then connect onto that.

Similar plumbing topics

I suppose shouldn't be too surprised as water...
Replies
Views
  • Question
And it's fixed! Had someone move the EV from...
Replies
Views
Again, without an idea of system volume we're...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Mick, Had a quick look at the model 1000...
Replies
Views
Back