Which boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Buster47

Hi All
I live in Hereford in a 1930's 3 bed(large) bungalow with 2 bathrooms and am looking to replace my 12 yr old Biasi 28s boiler which has been pretty good but starting to misbehave now. It has been located in a bathroom between a sink and bath and subject to shower steam. This is going to be addressed now and I'm having the new boiler fitted into the corner of a bedroom. Everywhere I've
tried phoning tends to recommend whichever boiler they happen to be selling. I am being given suggestions of Ferroli Optimax HE 38c £600, Ideal Logic 30+ around £700 and Biasi Riva £650 (all inc. vat.). Any suggestions for other makes welcome. I am looking for a reliable boiler and my budget can probably stretch to no more than £900.

Other forums I have looked at often recommend Worcester Bosch but even these don't seem to be without problems. Look forward to replies.
Regards, Buster

get yerself a ravenheat from b&q.24kw should be more than enough.then treat the mrs to a dirty weekend wae the change.

Of the ones you suggest the Ideal Logic plus is absolute mustard. I am normally a Vaillant man but I was so impressed with the Ideal I have even installed one in my own house.

Weissman are also good value at the monent. They have a 5 year warranty and a stainless steel heat exchanger, as opposed to the alloy one in the Ideal. A lot of people rate them very highly.

Defo stay away from ferroli! Worcester CDi, Vailant ecotec or baxi duotec are all good choices

Ignore all of the above.......even though most of it is good advice!!!!, except the joker mentioning our favorite DIY store.

Fit a Remeha, best value boiler on the market, in my opinion.

Bob

my first thought would be to take suggestions from your installer as they will be fitting and maintaining it. My own personal opinion is dont touch Ferroli, ideal, Biasi, and would look at baxi duotec, vailant, remeha...... worcester has a good rep but are not that great.

its hard as you could as a car dealer what his fav car is and they will all have a different answer depending on what experiences they have had, which is why i suggest find a good installer and listen to there advise first and foremost.

fit a worcester 30si 7 year warranty with manufacturer and if you want something a bit cheaper fit a baxi/main. vaillant are also excellent but expsensive!

Hi Thanks for all your helpful replies. Just had BG quote for moving the boiler from bathroom to bedroom and fitting a WB Greenstar 28i Junior. £2752 and that's after £400 scrappage allowance has been deducted.
Waiting now for a local plumber to give me a more realistic quote.
Regards, Buster.

As mentioned previous Remeha in my opinion as good as Vaillant & cheaper, 5 year warranty an easy to service.

BG quote doesnt seem that bad when you factor in all the pipework, making good etc

BG quote doesnt seem that bad when you factor in all the pipework, making good etc

I was thinking that myself, especially for BG although they are supposed to be bringing their prices down apparently.. (well apart from the price of gas that is!)

No, that price doesn't sound too bad, especially considering that boiler and pipe will cost best part of a grand at a guess!

Hi Thanks for all your helpful replies. Just had BG quote for moving the boiler from bathroom to bedroom and fitting a WB Greenstar 28i Junior. £2752 and that's after £400 scrappage allowance has been deducted.
Waiting now for a local plumber to give me a more realistic quote.
Regards, Buster.

If you do get a worcester in the end avoid the juniors these are useless you don't even get a hot water temperature control. You will get a Vaillant ecotec pro for the same money as the junior and it is an excellent boiler the 28KW is around the £700 mark ex vat and controls. Worth the extra. Good boiler for a bedroom nice and quiet. saying that I often go for an Alpha CDC in bedrooms as they are very quiet.

Thanks for all the replies. Made my choice rightly or wrongly - a Worcester Greenstar 37cdi, resite to kitchen ,new 28mm supply and a day to fit by local installer at less than two thirds of the BG quote.. Will update when done. Thanks.

You might save a few quid by installing one of those, but when they break down then the spares can be very expensive. Best to buy a Worcester..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
Yeah just waiting to see how that one unfolds
Replies
Views
S
I think the op gets the hint now. Thread...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
T
np and you will see my reply unless gas safe...
Replies
Views
M
get a baxi duotec or if you want cheaper and...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
W
In a 2 bed bungalow? Hardly worth the install...
Replies
Views
TBServices
T
Back