Which Boiler?. | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which Boiler?. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends on the serial number if its xt or xn the hexs usual give way after 18months. the zh have problems of being distorted and leaking gas..

Right pal don't say anymore this is a public forum, work you post count up, then ask for permission for a key to the arms, this can only be read by members etc...

Its died down a bit on the hex front but the zh serial number have problems with the hex being distorted and leaking gas but is rare atm.

you have been fortunate please info me on vogue cause thats what i have to deal with next..

Not yet, will be going tomorrow aft to check mixer taps and shower.

I am sure you know the easy way, but for others, close cold isolation valve to boiler underneath, open all the hot outlets, after the initial surge it should be dead, if you have water coming out of any hot outlet including showers, bidets etc, you have crossflow, find by isolating each outlet in turn, until no cold comes from hot! Fix problem outlet job done!

I'd go for a Valliant with a 7 year warranty (need to be fitted by an approved installers to get 7 yrs) and definitely fit a filter - magnetic and non-magnetic, such as the one made by Trappex. Valliant are good quality boilers, but the achilles' heel can be the small bore heat exchanger in some models that can become blocked, however, a filter will protect against that.

I have been following this thread and I guess the question should really be "If you were to specify a combi for your own house what would you fit?" I know lots of you may say you wouldn't have a combi but if you did what would you go for?

So far from the replies [FONT=&amp]I would have said that the advice is stay clear of Baxi, Worcester is ok and possibly consider fitting an Intergas, Viesmann or Valliant.[/FONT]

Any chance of some short replies saying what you would specify taking into account warranty period and service backup from manufacturers?

baxi duotec 1 HEA does not have any of these issues,is it does not melt/blowup/leak like a ideal does not look like a brick like the intergas its not made out of poor quality plastic like the worcester and its got a 7 year warranty plus its easy to work on and IMHO of fitting around 300 of them over the last 7 years very reliable just avoid the GA version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I understand, thanks for letting me know.
Replies
Views
Thanks for the info. Flow rates are something...
Replies
Views
Thanks. I'll have a look. Pakistan is not a...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Speak to Baxi regards the warranty, as they...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back