Which combi boiler, that is the question? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which combi boiler, that is the question? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see the manufacturers all agree to publish their reliability stats.

With other products, we can see the returns-in-warranty data, and therefore base decisions on hard facts. For example, I have published on here our warranty returns data on controls and a couple of other products.

I agree, however that would still only be a fraction of the story. It would not take in to account out of warranty repairs or repairs undertaken independently that may not be reported to the manufacturer and how could the manufacturer effectively determin whether a part failure was manufacturing, material issue or poor install without every faulty part being sent back.

I agree, however that would still only be a fraction of the story. It would not take in to account out of warranty repairs or repairs undertaken independently that may not be reported to the manufacturer and how could the manufacturer effectively determin whether a part failure was manufacturing, material issue or poor install without every faulty part being sent back.

A fair point. However, with boiler warranties now extending to a gazzillion years, it would at least be a starting point. :)

I tend to favour the boiler manufacturers that give me the best support on a good product. I used to like fitting Worcester but as I didn't fit enough to qualify as a platinum installer I lose out to the firms that fit loads and can offer the longer warranties. This annoys me because it means that they are just pushing for sales rather than quality installs.

I'm an accredited installer for Atag and Intergas boilers not because I fit hundreds of them but because I have been on their training courses and made the effort to learn about their products.

I also don't like working on WB they are pain to work on and as someone else pointed out a plastic manifold on a premium product is a step too far.

I'm an accredited installer for Atag and Intergas boilers not because I fit hundreds of them but because I have been on their training courses and made the effort to learn about their products.

And this is why the best solution is often to choose your installer, and then be guided by them on the product.

An Intergas or Atag boiler fitted by Mike will be a better boiler than an Intergas or Atag fitted by any random engineer, because Mike has invested the time in learning about them, so his customers will get an informed recommendation, and a high quality installation.

The same applies to all the quality makes, and even , to a degree, to the budget makes. Even a cheap boiler will last better if fitted by someone who understand's it's little foibles.

Why not stay with Glow Worm as a mid priced boiler but go for the Ultracom

And this is why the best solution is often to choose your installer, and then be guided by them on the product.

An Intergas or Atag boiler fitted by Mike will be a better boiler than an Intergas or Atag fitted by any random engineer, because Mike has invested the time in learning about them, so his customers will get an informed recommendation, and a high quality installation.

The same applies to all the quality makes, and even , to a degree, to the budget makes. Even a cheap boiler will last better if fitted by someone who understand's it's little foibles.

Agree whole heartedly with you both I am Vaillant accredited again because I attended the training course not because I fit them in any great volume. My only issue with Worcester's is that I personally dislike the internal layout on many of their boilers just too tightly packed and I have been to too many pinholed plastic hydraulic assembly's to recommend them to my customers. I do explain to my customers the reasons for my preference and that I have a greenstar 28i junior in my own home and it works faultlessly. The obvious design flaws or periodicly reported manufacturing defects that ocassionaly surface from all sorts of manufacturers aside, the majority of repairs I undertake on modern boilers are as a direct result of poor quality workmanship at install, bad install design or lack of servicing. In many instances installers have plain ignored regs and Mi's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
W
Hi cjg, thanks for the reply. It was serviced...
Replies
Views
Williams25
W
I'm an end user with limited knowledge of...
Replies
Views
Back