Which Is A Better Boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which Is A Better Boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gasmanscotty

I currently have a Vokera Linea 730 fitted in my house and guaranteed every week something will go wrong. Having replaced endless amount of parts in the last 6 months, I've decided to change the boiler but don't know what to go for. We (company I work for), used to fit Vokera Unica's but imo I think they are unreliable, which the company agreed with and we are now fitting Worcester Greenstar i's, which I think is a fantastic boiler except for being unable to control the hw temp.

So I think I am going to fit a Worcester Greenstar 30si but a friend of mine says Valliant are better boilers, so to cut a long story short, which is the better boiler, Worcester or Valliant??

Vaillant 831 would be an ideal replacement if you want something cheaper the ecotech pro 28. I prefer Vaillant and would always fit them in preference to a Worcester, The Vaillant has a stainless steel heat exchanger the worcester has a silca aluminium. We you open a vaillant you see a quality build of copper & stainless steel with very little plastic and rubber. Not so with a Worcester.

Got to agree with tackleburger , As WB are surviving on the reputation that they had in the past

Fit worcesters on contracts and not impressed with the new models that are coming out i would go for vaillant

I am impressed with vaillants, I fitted worcesters with my old firm were told they were the best but to be honest I went on a Vaillant course at my local college and they are much better quality no plastic casing and good quality also like Viessmanns they come with a 5 year guarantee as standard they are also better than worcesters

My biggest gripe is the stainless steel heat exchangers though, the small bore pipes seem to block up easily and can make a right racket when the boilers up to temp.

i fit vokera unicas and find them ok its not the boiler it how it is fitted

My biggest gripe is the stainless steel heat exchangers though, the small bore pipes seem to block up easily and can make a right racket when the boilers up to temp.

Well the system isn't up to scratch if that happens. Happened to me with a Viesman I fitted in January deposits clogged the plate heat exchanger causing an F2 fault in hot water mode. System was flushed with DS40 and a TF1 fitted it must have been cast deposits from the old boiler heat exchanger as the TF1 was pretty clean. In a strange way it's a good thing that modern boilers do this as it means the job has to be right- E.G properly flushed and cleansed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for reply. I have isolated the noise...
Replies
Views
thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
G
Didn’t grease the oring before refitting...
Replies
Views
Do you know if it’s damaged more parts they...
Replies
Views
Back