Which is the best boiler vs heat pumps | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which is the best boiler vs heat pumps in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

kevintrot

https://www.rapidheat247.co.uk/
Hello, I am not sure about the boiler as well as heat pump. Please tell me which one I should put in to heat my home.

Boiler.
Systems are now being designed and fitted with heatpumps in mind but I don't think the infrastructure or market offering it there yet.
I think the market will be much more established and competitive in 10-15 years so unless your not on mains gas I'd say its a good time for a new boiler.

As above, if you've got gas, fit a gas boiler.
Gas isn't going anywhere, the make up of it may change but unless the price of gas is raised, which would affect millions of existing users, then the cost of running a Heat pump will never be less than the cost of running a gas boiler.

Also the cost of buying a heat pump will never be equal to or less than buying a gas boiler due to the complexity of the heat pump.

As above, if you've got gas, fit a gas boiler.
Gas isn't going anywhere, the make up of it may change but unless the price of gas is raised, which would affect millions of existing users, then the cost of running a Heat pump will never be less than the cost of running a gas boiler.

Also the cost of buying a heat pump will never be equal to or less than buying a gas boiler due to the complexity of the heat pump.
Thanks for your response.

Similar plumbing topics

Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
let it cool down first then try it
Replies
Views
Turned out to be a dirty flame eye inside the...
Replies
Views
Back