Which is the more powerful pump? | UK Plumbers Forums | Page 5 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which is the more powerful pump? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all just picking your brains 2 pumps with flow rates of 3.8 and 5.7 which is the more powerful, also can you fit a commercial pump into a domestic system?

Excellent news, I will have a few extra drops of Jamesons tonight not to mention a rake of Guinness.

Does the Alpha 2 display values as well?, W (watts) will do fine. If so, when you get a chance you might run it on CP2 which is 3M and post the values, or/and any values you have just now, that will give a very good indication of how clean the system is.

What exactly does a power wash achieve that you havn't already achieved, or how does it work??. you can flush out each rad individually in your own time and add inhibitor when all is done.
Hi John no the Alpha 2 it just has 7 different levels depending on what type of heating you have, power flushing is done by a machine that contains chemicals and uses a bigger pressure than mains pressure but at a low flow rate, when it's finished inhibitors are put in and you end up with a much cleaner system, a bit pricey but worth it, when it has been done as i said I am going to fit a magnaclean and that should prevent any new magnetite from forming.

Its a pity that the Alpha 2 doesn't display the power demand.

I've read some horror stories on here where presumably the system wasn't flushed out properly after this chemical clean resulting in all kinds of problems including hydrogen release, I would stay well away from it personally.
Obviously install the magfilter, try and get one that has a particulate filter as well.

Power flushing is fine just dump it afterwards

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Thanks for responding.
Replies
Views
ChristineLondon
C
  • Question
You can, as suggested, top up at night/very...
Replies
Views
  • Question
As Simon has hinted, this should be done by...
Replies
Views
  • Question
25 watt is indicative of more or less what I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
If you have a pressure gauge on the pump...
Replies
Views
Back