which of these 3 combi boilers ? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss which of these 3 combi boilers ? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he properly doesn't push certain boilers down customers necks, just listens to what they want, not always right decision, but customers choice & money, as installers we can only advise, if as most people they are looking at cost then would Proberly go for lower end of market, Not down to us to push something on to customer just because we like it, or get some sort of kick back from manufacture

Spot on JTS, Cant see why corbs couldnt quite get it.

Because he properly doesn't push certain boilers down customers necks, just listens to what they want, not always right decision, but customers choice & money, as installers we can only advise, if as most people they are looking at cost then would Proberly go for lower end of market, Not down to us to push something on to customer just because we like it, or get some sort of kick back from manufacture

guess you would fit a basi then if customer said ok

and as heating eng we guide the customer through the pros and cons of each boiler (well you should) and if they pick a bad boiler you tell them why simple

and as heating eng we guide the customer through the pros and cons of each boiler (well you should) and if they pick a bad boiler you tell them why simple

If that's all customer can afford and they are happy then why not, customer not always right, but at the end of the day it is there choice, So your saying if you don't like what the customer wants, you walk away from the job ?? it is there house there money there decision NOT yours ! From your remarks you must only do work for more affluent customers, do you think ordinary customers are below you ? or you will only fit what you want to fit,? YOU cant be right every time, unless of course your so arrogant that you believe in everything that YOU say !!

If that's all customer can afford and they are happy then why not, customer not always right, but at the end of the day it is there choice, So your saying if you don't like what the customer wants, you walk away from the job ?? it is there house there money there decision NOT yours ! From your remarks you must only do work for more affluent customers, do you think ordinary customers are below you ? or you will only fit what you want to fit,? YOU cant be right every time, unless of course your so arrogant that you believe in everything that YOU say !!

yes
no
no
no its what is best for there property and there needs
no not arrogant, just realistic

im not going to fit a product that i wouldn't fit in my own house simple

Last edited:
im not going to fit a product that i wouldn't fit in my own house simple

So by your own admission, you fit only what you want, and not what the customer wants,! how meny jobs do you walk away from, just because you cant have your own way, and fit what you want, What your implying is, If you had lower end products in your own property, then you would be happy to fit them in other peoples property, and what about the little old lady on limited income, would she have to go cold just because you don't like fitting what she can afford ! Need to get down off your high horse and listen to customer more, As I stated B4 ' It's there House , there Money and although we don't always like what they want, untimely it's there choice.

Ill fit anything. Couldnt care as long as i get paid and everyones happy.

I must admit I always advise my customers to go for a baxi if they don't want one or can't afford one then I don't force them and I will give them other options.

It's the same with large houses in always recommend having stored water if there is more than 1 bathroom but if the customer still wants a combi I will fit one.

A lot of the time customers don't know what is best and it is up to us to recommend what we feel is the best option for them and us. If I recommend 1 brand and it is an unreliable boiler it comes back on me hence why I try to steer people to my preferred brand.

Its BIASI not BASI, and if a customer wanted one that,s what I would fit, I never even mentioned BIAS, you guessed remember, not good to guess you could make a mistake at work and do some damage.

Its BIASI not BASI, and if a customer wanted one that,s what I would fit, I never even mentioned BIAS, you guessed remember, not good to guess you could make a mistake at work and do some damage.

Calm down dear... It's just a thread on a plumbing forum...

how ever its is spelt still rubbish and that wasnt to you it was to jts :D nice to see you got your trousers in a tiss wass ;)

So by your own admission, you fit only what you want, and not what the customer wants,! how meny jobs do you walk away from, just because you cant have your own way, and fit what you want, What your implying is, If you had lower end products in your own property, then you would be happy to fit them in other peoples property, and what about the little old lady on limited income, would she have to go cold just because you don't like fitting what she can afford ! Need to get down off your high horse and listen to customer more, As I stated B4 ' It's there House , there Money and although we don't always like what they want, untimely it's there choice.

i tell them on the phone i can guarantee i wont be the cheapest, but my work speaks for it self

i only fit 3 boilers

worcester (10 years warranty)
viessmann (10 years warranty)
baxi (5 years and 10 on a heat only)

and you would be surprised not many as most of mine come from recommendations/ referrals

and no would never have a lower end product in my own home (and what i class as lower end keeps breaking down) should do a poll in the arms for all service engs what boilers you replaced parts on

and wouldnt be able to do anything that quick any way im booked up for 3 1/2 - 4months (on dom) in advance anyway and couldnt do the summer school hols as booked up then and tbh thats normal

your right in one point there house but my reputation

the our business has been going well over 50 years

and dont forget i dont need on domestic work as most of what i do is commercial

none, there all tat!
you would have to get someone else to fit them if i was quoting. tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

The Rapid does not have the low pressure warning.
2 3
Replies
Views
B
You should always have more than 1 string to...
Replies
Views
(I would have thought an alternative to...
Replies
Views
A
Just an update. Npower informed me today that...
Replies
Views
Associate
A
M
Youre two years too late friend :) try not to...
Replies
Views
Back