Which work trousers? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which work trousers? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Nas

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Can anyone of you recomend a good pair of work trousers needs a new pair? Obviously looking for good value for money.

Thanks

Dickies

I usually wear these because they have loads of pockets as I tend to be a bit of a hoarder and I like to carry lots of odds and ends.

I go to my local army and navy shop buy there work trousers £15, when they get covered in sealant, plumber mait and tallow etc, they look too bad they get binned and another pair bought.

£15 cheap as chips.

I like Snickers but probably going to get Strauss for my next pair as Snickers are so flipping expensive. I don't like Dickies as the fit is really weird for me.

Most important thing for me now is knee protectors built in.

im a snickers man also, i tend to wait until they have a sale on and then get a few pairs and some other stuff for a knock down price, try snickers direct if your thinking of getting some.

snickers 3212's they are the best.....

Dr Martens or euro hiker...or Timberlands....never trainers....in my opinion if you want to wear trainers with work wear...become a painter.....

I bought a pair of CAT work trousers for about £49 (40 inch waist) and then lost 3.5 stone rendering them redundant as I'm down to 34 Inch now.

I'm done with expensive gear I'll grow out of and just mooch around now in a pair of £20 Screwfix trousers.

snickers 3212's they are the best.....

Dr Martens or euro hiker...or Timberlands....never trainers....in my opinion if you want to wear trainers with work wear...become a painter.....

Steel toe caps alls the way. Boots for outside work and winter. Steel toe cap trainers for inside work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

snickers for me yes they are expensive but i got two pairs about 18months ago and they are still going strong so £120 over 18 months whats that about £8 a month? and there is still life in them yet

Great value and hard wearing with all the pockets you'll ever need.....

[DLMURL="http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p16559"]Toolstation > Workwear > Trousers & Shorts > Durakit Multi Pocket Trousers[/DLMURL]

I've got 5 pairs and they last well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Without a shadow of a doubt. Snickers!
My brother is on his fourth set of cheap toolstation specials that fall to bits within 6 months.(won't listen to me about you do get what you pay for) I have two pairs snickers that two years later are still 100% intact. Bit dirtier and stained now though.
Got mine in arco sale for £38. What a bargain!
Would never buy anything else.

I bought scruffs pro from screwfix about 4 months ago i found them very comfy and they seem very well made and hardwearing .plenty pockets too

Scruffs pro every time, tough hard wearing, superb fit, top loading knee pad pockets and loads of pockets also look pretty smart. Re getting them covered in sealant and wotnot I prefer to put it on what im working on, not me troosers :yes:

i have been buying them dickies cheap n cheerful one from screwfix £18 like the look of snickers but to tight might treat myself one day lol but i am mostly in cargo shorts

Similar plumbing topics

Hi sir i don't suggest you go out on your own...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Looking at the document, they are actually...
Replies
Views
PB Plumber swears by these Steel Blue Southern...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Hi Chuck, Thanks for the feedback. Yeah...I...
Replies
Views
Back