Which work trousers? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Which work trousers? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Snickers good but overpriced, dickies never seem to be a comfy fit, tried the red rock things, but the pockets kept coming off to easy, currently running a pair of scruffs and must say very impressed. Very comfy and seem hard wearing with good storage space, will deffo be using again.

I've been using JCB ones from B&Q, really impressed with them and not too pricey. I gave up on Dickies, they kept splitting at the the crotch after a few weeks, was a dangerous combination with a well worn pair of boxers, I "popped out" on a few occasions!!!

Hello i have been using Engelburt Strauss trousers for about 7 years now and i am on my second pair, the first set i bought were still going strong but i had top sell them on ebay due top them looking old and covered in silicone. The Motion trouser www.engelbert-strauss.co.uk/show/activeSITE.asp?p=<folder+id%3d"91211EBE-EB70-4B14-85B2-7FDB2D2E0516"><%2ffolder> is the best so far loads of pockets, strong knee material, knee pads never fall out and a slightly elasticated waste so i dont need a belt. Also check out the snickers 9118 knee pads a bit pricey but luxury on the knees.

i have dickies eishenhaur (?) from wickes @£25 worn them nearly every day for 3 years, only one broken belt loop.
i might stretch to 2 pairs by the end of this year as i dont think you should go into a customers house dressed like you just came out of college.lol.

Hmm two makes of trousers I generally buy are

1. Panoply (Do an ok work trainer also that can match the trousers, if you are that way inclined), also (as with the next ones also) once they get covered in the usual products , simply bin/replace.
was getting sick of paying 30-50 quid on jobman, snickers, dickies etc, as slightly better quality as they are, they don't justify the price v length of time they stay looking good.

There is also a good deal on these on ebay , 2* pair + Knee pads, 30 odd quid IIRC for the above...

2. Toolstation own brand I think, good trousers for servicing , plenty pockets for drivers , and bits n bobs etc..

Cheap trousers always fail me but I keep buying them hoping the next brand will be better.

Its always the pocket where I keep my pens that comes away first, I reach into my pocket for a pen and find it empty and have to borrow customers. Lost countless pens.

yeah i know what you mean, but tbh , i always loose at least a couple of pencils a week anyway, pound shop * 12 in a pack =£1 winner!

it normally more the neon testing driver I get frustrated about loosing!

I agree with mascot being good work trousers, although the magnets in the pockets is a bit of a gimmick. I personally like Tranemo, the material is a bit thick, good for the winter, nightmare in summer! Would love a pair of snickers floorlayer but are a bit pricey at £ 110 + with the pads :shocked3:. I just won a pair of Blaklader in a competition which are pretty good for the time being.

Personally, I really don't take well to wearing trousers anyway, not since I've started wearing a bib and brace overall. Sick of pulling them up with loaded pockets, and a belt digging in to try and stop it. Brace is much more comfortable.

anyone ever tried the dewalts? got a pair coming tomorrow that i got on ebay. £45 delivered with knee pads a belt and a hat :)

I've got a pair of DeWalt work trousers and the fly opening is too short. Makes it really uncomfortable taking a pee unless you do it girly style.

IMG_20151205_214809.jpg
Can't recommend these..!

Similar plumbing topics

Hi sir i don't suggest you go out on your own...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Looking at the document, they are actually...
Replies
Views
PB Plumber swears by these Steel Blue Southern...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Hi Chuck, Thanks for the feedback. Yeah...I...
Replies
Views
Back