Whirring noise from central heating driving me mad and only been in house 2 weeks!!! | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Whirring noise from central heating driving me mad and only been in house 2 weeks!!! in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

suzietorres

Hi,
Hope someone can help. Just moved into a semi and there is a vibration on the adjoining wall. Its a whirring noise which penetrates my earplugs. It doesn't do it every night though. I can hear it when the heating is on and after its gone off. The boiler is a biasi combi, 8 yrs old. Had its first service last week and is running at 97% efficiency.
The thermostat is a Siemens rev23. Set up on auto to come on various times in the day. The boiler is in the loft and the pipework runs through the loft to the opposite wall then down through the airing cupboard. After that who knows. The whirring / vibration is intermittent, sometimes loud and only lasts a few seconds before going quiet then returning at with a different level of whirring. Only been in my new house for two weeks and feel tormented! The guy who lived in the house before said there was no noise in the house when he was here but he could be lying, although not sure what he could gain by not telling me if he could hear it?? Hope someone can help. My hubby and son can hear it but they could both sleep through an earthquake!! Spoke to the next door neighbour and they have no problems with vibrating / whirring noises.

Re: Whirring noise from central heating driving me mad and only been in house 2 weeks

when it happens why dont you wake your husband,just to make sure your not dreaming as your the only one who seems to hear it.no offence ment

Re: Whirring noise from central heating driving me mad and only been in house 2 weeks

I had my ear plugs in last night and heard it through the plugs. I asked hubby how long it had been doing it for and he said it had just started and was loud

Best get an engineer in to take a look, it's either pipe work, or the boiler. Don't think there's much more advice that could be prescribed over a forum for that specific problem

could be anything. better get engineer back or call poltergeist hunter

ive been away.i hope you've had a decent sleep over the last couple of week.be interested to know what the noise was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Thanks. It's a 2017 Grant oil condensing...
Replies
Views
Don't think that M.valves will pull in air...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Back