Who works weekends? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Who works weekends? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys after a productive and very tiring 2012, I want to make more progress in 2013. I am going to get some business cards and leaflets printed this week and start getting them out where I live in Kent. As I live in Southampton Mon-Fri I will be putting myself out there as available day and night weekends.

I will not be doing gas work to start with as I do not have my own GSR and I want to keep costs down. Also this forces me to stick to plumbing jobs which I don't really do with the company I work for so can get some practice in.

I don't expect to be busy every weekend and I don't expect to get rich but it's the first steps towards working for myself.

Everything will be above board in regards to insurance/tax/NI etc where neccessary.

Who on this forum works weekends or do you let cashflow dictate? do you charge more for weekend work, if so how do your chrge compare to regular charges?

Thanks for reading. Happy new year to all, hope you all have a good 2013.

Pretty much let my workload dictate.
I woyld rather work seven days, then to work later at night.
I have a two year old boy, and the thought of not being there to read his bedtime story to him fills me with sadness.

Pretty much let my workload dictate.
I woyld rather work seven days, then to work later at night.
I have a two year old boy, and the thought of not being there to read his bedtime story to him fills me with sadness.

I have a 2 year old girl and when I leave her on Sunday nights it's a killer.

I work weekends. The wife and I are doing a self build starting in March. So I'm frantically saving as much as possible. Which means working weekends and evenings for the next few months.

ive even given up booze! Been over 6 months since I last had a beer! Said to the wife I wouldn't drink until house is complete!

I work weekends. The wife and I are doing a self build starting in March. So I'm frantically saving as much as possible. Which means working weekends and evenings for the next few months.

ive even given up booze! Been over 6 months since I last had a beer! Said to the wife I wouldn't drink until house is complete!

he things we say for love , giving up beer tut tut

Can't beat a bit of SaS (Saturdays and Sundays).

Seriously though, I tend to use Saturdays as overspill. May use a Saturday morning to get ahead on a big job ready for a busy week the following week, to finish a job off rather than running into a fresh week, catch up on a couple of small non urgent jobs that I've put off through the week or to organise to go and look at jobs to price.
Sunday's are mine but I will go out if it's a existing customer with a problem or if it's going to screw up the week ahead.

Thing is you need not only some 'me' time but family time as well, otherwise what do we work for?

chap I work for charges £175 per hour for sunday. when the money is that good, you cant really refuse.
And if it aint urgent they will normally wait until monday.

weekends are for golf rather do late during week usually the case though my phone is always on and do go to jobs after the golf if needed

Hi armyash. I'm so tempted of trying to go self employed again but what with people are saying on here about work being quiet and hopefully going to try move and get a house this year it would be silly as they'll want a proof of earnings. So my plan is to stick it out on the cards for another year or so and try then.

I work every other Saturday, and charge the same rate. Sundays I do too if it's an emergency, but I charge more.

I'm home most days by 5pm in the week. So see a lot more of my children than many of my customers.

I work every other Saturday, and charge the same rate. Sundays I do too if it's an emergency, but I charge more.

I'm home most days by 5pm in the week. So see a lot more of my children than many of my customers.

Why are your customers seeing a lot of your kids?, not got em grafting already? :)

Similar plumbing topics

I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Reading this ordeal is like watching a horror...
Replies
Views
Excellent thank you for taking the time to...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Thanks very much Sav - I've just sent you a pm...
Replies
Views
Back