Why are people suprised! Rocking horse toilet. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Why are people suprised! Rocking horse toilet. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Winston

:eek: Just had a job got a leaking toilet! Get there her hubby to save money decided to fit a close coupled toilet. The only thing is the only fixing actually in place was the 15mm copper feed. Cistern not attached to the wall pan not connected to the floor!

Floor is all warped! The only thing I could do was actually screw a timber batten to wall and attach the cistern. Shocking and renting the house out.

Things like this will always happened

In the climate we are in it some more often that joe public takes on the attitude of

'I'll have a go and if it goes wrong we will get a plumber in'

To be honest I sometimes take this approach with my car, I'm no mechanic but armed with my haynes manual and my own built up knowledge I'll give it a try and regretfully I do sometimes have to hand it over to the pros not knowing if I have made it worse or easier.

Plumbstar - I did that many years ago with a car which needed an engine rebuild. Dealer quoted £650. Chap next door quoted £120.

Got chap to do it. Then booked it into dealers as "something not quite right with engine". Loose gasket? and a couple of things missing and a bill for £100.

Winston - I think most of us would do what you've done to recover their situation.

was this the house

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPSMBDQ5XwU]YouTube - The result of a POLISH plumbers work in a house in Cork. . .[/ame]

Funny you should say that I think she was Polish but her husband was English. All I could do though was put batten to wall screw cistern down and pan on some plumbers gold! There was no way screws where going to do anything :confused:

Nice bit of pipework though compression joints every where!

Lol, flexible hoses on radiators, toilet cistern across the room from the pan, jeez...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
I would call it installer error. Maybe from...
Replies
Views
Use a spirit-level to check that the pan has...
Replies
Views
Swapped the mini inspection chamber for a...
Replies
Views
D
Thanks
Replies
Views
Dparker357
D
Back