Why don't my Gas Central Heating Radiators turn on? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Why don't my Gas Central Heating Radiators turn on? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

justwannab

Right then... my home has gas central heating/hot water provided by a Potterton Kingfisher MF gas boiler which is controlled by a Danfoss 103E5 electronic programmer (photo attached) which work very well together. In the hallway we have a (very dated) Honeywell room stat (photo attached) to regulate the temp, BUT, above that we have something called a 'Gent EMS6000 Series 6100 Economiser' (photo attached) which as baffled myself and others for some time now! The problem is that when the Danfoss programmer clicks to 'ON' either manually or via a preset programme, yes boiler kicks in and starts to heat hot water for the tank BUT the radiators will not kick in and heat up until the red illuminated 'OVERRIDE' switch is PRESSED to illuminate a green light which will then start the rads.

As you can probably understand this is a pain because when you get up on a cold morning or get in on a cold winters night from work even though the program has kicked in and boiler is running there id NO HEAT until you physically press the OVERRIDE switch on the 6100 Economiser. What is it actually for and how can I get round this problem so that the rads start automatically?

Can anybody HELP??? PLEASE!!!

Attachments

• programmer.jpg
    programmer.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 12
  • stat.jpg
    stat.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 14
must admit ive never seen one of those in nigh 40 years id be inclined to have it dissed as without instructions you will not have a clue how to use it

sounds like an old hot water priority system of which we installed loads at one time thats how it works

hi Stevetheplumber, thanks for your response. So my next question is what would you recommend for me to get the radiators coming on with the programme automatically and to have full control of either heating or water? Thanks again!

hi Pakmei, thanks for your response. So my next question is what would you recommend for me to get the radiators coming on with the programme automatically and to have full control of either heating or water? Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a...
Replies
Views
D
Sounds like you need somebody competent to...
Replies
Views
Your boiler may have its own internal by pass...
Replies
Views
Back