Why is my hot water only lukewarm, but radiators are boiling hot? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Why is my hot water only lukewarm, but radiators are boiling hot? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot afford to get the system flushed too so will changing the parts work? How do I know I actually need and that all the system just needs is a flush through?

if you don't flush you will end up with same problem in less then 3 mounts ! do as plumber recommend to you !

If £345.00 includes VAT then it is probably fair, however be sure that you get some guarrantees. You are not buying a pump and valves, you are buying a solution to the problem. Some strategies for finding a good local plumber.... Gas safe register, trust a trader?? 2 websites that will give you access to local qualified guys.
Good luck

raymondo

Its £345 for cash no VAT. This includes the 3 parts, labour @ £60 ph and the slight modification of the pipework in airing cupboard, plus £275 if I want the system flushing....He's coming tomorrow

How do I know what wattage (8,9 or 10) my shower is as I believe I need a new one? And how long to fit and price please?

New shower is approx £70 it can't be much more to install?? I can't afford to have it done yet I just need to know which one to buy and installation price

a 70 quid shower will be crap!

spend more and get a decent one

KJ

which one will I need 8,9,10 watt....how do I know which to get....someone??

Hi Michelle

Like a lot of things it just not so simple to say which one. The difference between these showers is the flow rate that they will allow and still provide water at a decent temperature, the higher the rating the more water you will get. However, the bigger showers 10Kw will require a 10mm cable to be run back to the main fuse board if one is not already there.

The wiring regulations surrounding the installation of an electric shower are quite onerous.

To find out what you already have you could contact the manufacturer, or look for their website. Post the details here and someone may be able to help.

It is strongly advised to get a competent electrician to look at the existing cabling, they would then be able to tell you the biggest shower you can have.

Good luck

Raymondo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

There could still be 22mm pipework left...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Thanks CJG, I understand what you're saying. I...
Replies
Views
Personally I would remove the tmv valve and go...
Replies
Views
B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
Back