Why wouldn't you fit a new Boiler with a Magnetic Filter? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Why wouldn't you fit a new Boiler with a Magnetic Filter? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think that is quite correct ! the part that complies with part L is the cleaner & Inhibitor. The filter is not yet part of building regs.

Screenshot_2016-03-27-20-40-50.jpg
The way I read it, 'Can also be fitted' not 'must be fitted' so not compulsory to fit unless MI's state so.

Don't think that is quite correct ! the part that complies with part L is the cleaner & Inhibitor. The filter is not yet part of building regs.

close enough to Devon, so we can both agree on this one and not fall into a trap set by cheeky merchants conning us into to fitting stuff that isnt needed :)

close enough to Devon, so we can both agree on this one and not fall into a trap set by cheeky merchants conning us into to fitting stuff that isnt needed :)

I'm still in Devon, but close enough to throw a stone over the river into the land of make believe ! :1eye:

I agree, as it's a bit of a grey area.

But it's supposed to be in recent update to the Part L Domestic and Heating regs.

Is it required or not?

Maybe I should speak to them to get the official word.

Part L is concerned with energy efficiency. systems must be cleaned in accordance with bs7593
Nowhere does it state in part L or 7593 how to powerflush or that a filter must be fitted.
Side note - its generally accepted a power flush device is the easiest way to clean, but you can use a hose on a tap if it cleans to the standard.
but nowhere does it state a powerflush must be done, it states cleaned thoroughly
And It is not mandatory to fit a filter either - even though some manufacturers may extend Guarantees or stipulate fitment.
The benchmarks ask what cleaner and inhibitor was used and if fitted what filter

In answer to above post - no it isnt and no it isnt and it isnt grey either
Download part L and 7593 and have a read lol

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a load of bull, take it away and just ask yourself what building regs state and the customer wants to pay!

they and no one can tell the customer what to spend if they dont want it.
it will never be a mandatory part of any regs. end of.

And dont believe what merchants say - most are failed used car salesmen...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Who said plastic 28/22mm copper tube and mlcp...
Replies
Views
J
I've seen a few with boxed in flues and they...
Replies
Views
Thanks All. After much persuasion the...
Replies
Views
Then yes running 24/7 and no control don’t...
Replies
Views
Back