Will an over sized boiler keep going on and off. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Will an over sized boiler keep going on and off. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coldboiler

I have been looking at a Worcester Bosch 34cdi boiler for my 3 bed roomed house with 1 bathroom.

The gas engineer says it would be more appropriate to have a Worcester Bosch 30si as an over sized boiler will heat up to the required temperature and then turn off and keep repeating this on and off cycle. He says this is something to do with modulating, I don't understand how this works.

Can anyone advise whether or not an over sized boiler will cause problems?

My concern is that I get sufficient hot water to fill my king size bath. If I have the less powerful boiler will it just take longer to fill and if so will this be noticeable?

Any advise would be welcome.

This a combi or do you have a tank? If it's a tank 100% for installer ( excluding fact he's a wb fairy)

The 30si can be range rated on central heating mode from 7.3 kw upwards and the 34cdi can be range rated from 7.7 kw the difference is at 35° rise the 30 gives about 10litres a min the 34 gives over 12ltres a min go on the worcster web site to get the accurate figures hope this helps

It shouldn't present a problem, most combis will modulate down to 7-9ish kW. If range rated it stops the boiler firing too high to start with.

You should really base your combi sizing to suit your hot water requirements.

If you get a logic plus with a dedicated RF stat, the boiler knows how high to fire based upon the temp of your home = increased efficiency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was told by tech not to use weather comp and opentherm together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Oh dear. Plumber it is!! I chose the wrong...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
You will need a check valve to stop reverse...
2 3
Replies
Views
So you don’t have any of the blending valves /...
Replies
Views
Back