Will this work? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Will this work? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

U

Unregistered

My plumber has come up with this solution to an admittedly tad complex piping challenge. But I cannot see how the horizontal section will not result in waste accumulating there, on the main channel temporarily due to lack of maximum flush pressure; and on the inspection arm simply as it's a, horizontal, dead end. Also if bits of waste stuck on the horizontal section on the first flush are cleaned away on the second, won't they then just accumulate at the bottom of the stack, again due to lack of strong flow pressure?

ooo

Attachments

• 20150713_083606.jpg
    20150713_083606.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 202
Last edited by a moderator:
The smaller pipes are from the shower and sink, the 45 goes to a new toilet, not yet connected. The two other white pipes are from the new sink and shower, also not yet connected.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand the smaller waste pipes going up and over like that, same with the 4" coming out of the wall, going up at 45 deg. and then going into the vertical stack.

Also, why is he mixing use of grey and brown (above and below ground) drainage pipes?

The smaller pipes are from the shower and sink, the 45 goes to a new toilet, not yet connected. The two other white pipes are from the new sink and shower, also not yet connected.
Yes the multicoloured piping isn't too pleasing to the eye either.

:D you sure thats a plumber and not a builder?

and i wouldn't even bother testing it, rip out and start again

As above its all wrong!

Your not allowed to use below ground soil pipe above ground!

You need to use either push fit or solvent weld fittings! Not black silicon!

You have used incorrect fittings to join cast iron pipe to plastic and vice/versa!

You need to get someone in who knows what they are doing and be warned no Building Inspector will pass that work.

now please be honest with your answer op did a plumber really fit this? if yes how much has he quoted?

OK, bottom up, so 4" black stack then what would you do? You've all torn the guy's work apart, which is easy to do, but nobody has said how they'd pipe it, apart from using black LOL. Tell me how you'd junction two wastes, two sinks, and two showers, from two walls 90 degrees angle to eachother and at the same height.

The pipes exiting left are from the existing bathroom, those to the back and right are from the new shower room.

You've all torn the guy's work apart, which is easy to do, but nobody has said how they'd pipe it,.

Yes they have.

Properly. I think you'll find the guys are inferring that the chap you've had in is a handyman. Not a tradesman.

Hope you haven't paid him too much.

Please tell me there's a good reason why you're not 'allowed' to use pipes that would appear to differ only in colour. Is the government governing our choice of waste pipe colour now LOL Please tell me that isn't so.

Don't be melodramatic.

It's because the underground stuff isn't designed for longterm exposure to uv light thereby making it cheaper.

As any fule kno.

Please tell me there's a good reason why you're not 'allowed' to use pipes that would appear to differ only in colour. Is the government governing our choice of waste pipe colour now LOL Please tell me that isn't so.

Below ground soil pipe and fittings (brown) are made from a different type of plastic and degrade in sun light.

Any plumber is aware of the difference of below and above ground soil pipe, for the very reason ch4 gives above.

Just hold your hands up op and admit its biy.

Get in a professional, it will wor out cheaper.

Look up Red Adair's famous phrase.

Similar plumbing topics

Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
No, I believe you absolutely. My own problem...
Replies
Views
This thread is over 3 years old but it would...
2 3
Replies
Views
Back