will you install the gas pipe work and commission boiler | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss will you install the gas pipe work and commission boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly steve... i take it anyone who wouldnt do this has never serviced a boiler without seeing its gas cert first.

i realy cant see how its any different to doing a safety check or survey on a property

I do, you don't normally make a good days labour out of a gas safety check. The type of people who do this are tight wads, there just not worth doing.

Signing off a boiler install and carrying out a gas safety check are two completely different things. When you sign off a boiler you are stating that it is securely fitted, the flue is correctly fitted etc. The only way you can confirm this is if you have fitted the boiler yourself. With a safety check you can only comment that things are working correctly at the time of your visit, you are not commenting on things that it is not possible to check after the boiler has been fitted and the making good done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

is it not also against the regulations to sign off work performed by a non registered person? the only way to cover yourself is to insist that you fit the boiler. As mike says your signing to say that you have installed the appliance. Your also notifying it to gas safe/building control so need to be sure its all correct. Once notified gas safe will offer a free check, if taken up and the inspector gets told by a proud diyer "i fitted the boiler, i just got an engineer to sign it off" you may have to asnwer some questions :(

I would charge for atleast days money depending on the gas run and fit the boiler or remove it and refit which should only take 30 mins to an hour in most cases anyway. You will have to flush etc... so would have to deal with any problems with the wet side even if its nowt to do with you to get it commissioned correctly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
Back