Winning 100% of work quoted for - am I too cheap? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Winning 100% of work quoted for - am I too cheap? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

My Brother in law qualified about 18 months ago and has been working very hard. He is winning virtually all of the work he quotes for, the only ones he is not winning is due to him not being available quick enough.

I think he must be way too cheap. What do you think?

Is he cheap ? Well you tell us some of his prices ? Examples etc ! Their isnt no such thing really i dont feel as being too cheap ! You need to make a living ! I could have work everyday 7 days a week and have 50 lads on the road also doesnt mean id be earning a living !

i think i dont know who you are and your on a fastrack looking for the pot of gold with your wee fishing rod?

of course i can be totally wrong!
so therefore the answer has to be...
of course he is too cheap, he must be charging peanuts and what is the standard of his work?

in my opinion getting 100% of all jobs then he is doing something wrong!!!!

Thanks for all the comments. I don't know what he is charging, just that looking at his profile on check a trade etc. his reputation is very good and he is winning more work than he can do.
I am not a plumber so don't know his business but my way of thinking is that I would get more than 1 quote for work and would pick someone who turned up on time to quote (or phoned to update) came across professional and knowledgeable and was in the ball park of the other quotes.

So he might be very lucky or he is doing something very right.

Thanks very much.

My Brother in law qualified about 18 months ago and has been working very hard. He is winning virtually all of the work he quotes for, the only ones he is not winning is due to him not being available quick enough.

I think he must be way too cheap. What do you think?
Just had a rethink maybe he's not busy, a lot go in my merchants saying they are stacked, but aren't taking much gear and are propping up the coffee machine, more so because its the school holidays and paperwork at home ain't a good option lol!

Just had a rethink maybe he's not busy, a lot go in my merchants saying they are stacked, but aren't taking much gear and are propping up the coffee machine, more so because its the school holidays and paperwork at home ain't a good option lol!

I think you might be talking about me!

Tell you who I haven't seen for a while, egg and nest.

I was told when I started on my own that if you were getting 1 in 3 you were doing ok. It all depends where the work is coming from, advertising, recommendations etc. Fair play to him, but I would say if he's doing well he needs to crank up his prices. When you are busy you should up your prices.

im confused why has the brother come on to ask about his work and pricing but doesnt have a clue about his work and pricing ? and it sounds like they dont even talk themselves

Similar plumbing topics

Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Just a guess, but you may find that the...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage...
Replies
Views
@ShaunCorbs - the heating engineer who will be...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
There were issues with failing heat exchangers...
Replies
Views
Back