Wiring- worchester 24ri. Regular boiler. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Wiring- worchester 24ri. Regular boiler. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aqua Tech

Changed and old boiler for the above today. Wired in the power as I would normally (as the old was) but wouldn't kick off. Has power, fan runs for a cpl of seconds, and then nothing! Says about having a seperate cable to the pump with a switched live into the box. Had my spark mate pop over and he just linked the switched live and the the pump live part in the boiler (St2). Says this is fine apart from the fact that the boiler only comes on when called for and not on constantly. BUT, it didnt kick in again. Now sounds like the pcb gone in the new boiler. Have never coma across needing a cable from the boiler to the pump. Is it deffers needed? Or do we think it's pcb?

did a 15ri about a week ago sparky was not on site so i tried to create a demand by linking the pump live and switch live didnt work but when the sparky arrived and wired the whole conrol system it worked fine i would like to know the ins and outs of this myself it could be the electronics in this new version is less easily fooled dont go and get a new pcb till you have wired up properly let me know how you get on and if anyone get any info on how to create a demand i,d love to know it doesnt have a flow switch it all electronic

check the polarity is correct, the pump has to be wired to the boiler to allow for pump over run, if you dont you may get nuisance over heat tripping.

Are you sure that the wire you took from the old boiler is permanent live and not a switch live? That could be one of the reasons as to why it is not always constantly on but comes on when you call for it.

It’s hard to know how you have tried to wire it in without telling us that type of wiring centre you have and if your using Y plan or S plan

But If that is the case then it is an easy fix, you just put that cable into the switch live socket on the boiler and then you run a new cable from the pump live socket on the boiler all the way to join up with your live wire on your pump. Then all you need is a permanent live to the boiler and job done.

Dunno if this will help ya but details are a little vague :)

You cant have seen many boilers if you have never came across one with a pump live!
The link between LP and LR is probably killing it but check the polarity too. The first batch of new model ri's (feb) had a mistake in the mi's and showed the L&N connections the wrong way around L is to the left on ST1 infact they have put stickers on them now.
Remove the link from LP and LR and it should fire up but it will need to be wired correctly with the pump fed from LP as it will go to lockout constantly if you don't.

Thanks for the constructive posts. Got it sorted today! Obviously haven't seen enough boilers... Have dealt with mainly combi boilers in the six months I have been registered. But not regular with the need for the pump to be seperatley wired in. Got my head around it this morning and was relitavley easy.

go with viesmann next time afaik they dont need a pump live :)

aluminium silicate heat exchangers are cast ali with flexability he says not quite sure of that so they dont need an overun add a bit if you know a bit im not to certain of that

I'm not entirely sure, I know that it only needs one cable back to wiring centre as the guy I work with went on the Viesmann coure the other week and was talking about it the other week, I'll have a word with him in the morning and find out exactly how it all works

HaHa the Ri rang does my head in everytime.
Doesnt help when sparks originally use earth's as live's etc which is what i have had .
Dont know if its still in the worcester MI's for these boilers but if you look at the electriacal wiring guide and then the schematic guid ethey both say how to wire up boiler but both say different.

One that does my nut in is with the Cdi regulars. The yellow plug for the pump is always fitted the wrong way around into the circuit board. You won't notice it unless you just run a pump live back to the box. The pump won't work unless you plug it in the other way around as shown in the mi's.

viesmann still need pump lives looks like I got my wires crossed no pun intented

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A common one is that you insert a wire...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
I thought it would be good manners to give an...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun. Yep, I did that and it works. I...
Replies
Views
Sorted this mess out. Removed excess wiring...
Replies
Views
Back