Wolf CGB Boiler No spark | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Wolf CGB Boiler No spark in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for getting back to us John ... Glad to know you've got it sorted.

this thread is a great example of why this site is so brilliant.... i take my hat off to ye lads and well done john on the repair

Update on the above

Having gone back and tested everything (again) I have now replaced the fans and both boilers appear to be running fine. There was no issues with reverse polarity. Having inspected both fans there is evidence of water damage to both of these units. I contacted Wolf in Germany and they informed me that water damage to the fan is one of the most likely causes (which seemed to be the case). Having spoken to the owner of the property he did have the flue openings sealed up a few months ago so before this there was possibly an issue with rain water running down the outside of the flue and on to the top of the boiler and eventually making its way inside the case and dripping on to the fans as there is evidence inside the boiler (mainly the first one that went) that this was the case.

SO! fingers crossed, they will be back in working order for a few more years.

Many thanks to all that helped on this

John

well done john thanks for the feedback glad its now sorted,the owner should have been honest with you from the word go may have saved you a lot of aggro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
Gut feeling is PCB Time for someone...
Replies
Views
Just for completion, and to have this archived...
Replies
Views
..Thanks, i am wondering if we can keep the...
Replies
Views
Fits back on flue on top of boiler
Replies
Views
Back