Wolf tgb40 boiler. help!!!! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Wolf tgb40 boiler. help!!!! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gal.in.distress

can anyone help or advise please. i have a wolf tgb 40 boiler. its overheated and wont stay on. apparently its a fault 7? ive had a guy come out from an annual service thing i pay and he cant help! if i turn the themostat down to 41 degrees it will work but anything more than that it cuts out and i cant have a shower with that! so just looking for some advice. thanks for reading. :crazy:

its a boiler that pulsar sell it has many strange designs like a heat ex that comes out flips upside down and empty's in a bin bag best thing you can do is contact wolf see if they have a system like BAXI or Worcester x amounts of repairs for a set price its a very obscure boiler

Have worked on other models of Wolf boilers, In my experience they need a full strip service about every 3 years, which req's a service kit, which has gaskets overheat temp sensors etc.
If the heat exchanger is getting bunged up it could cause the boiler to over heat.

apparently he doesnt know whats wrong with it and keeps making up excuses saing that its a cheap boiler. which it wasnt. this has been going on for over 2 months.

I'm having a similar problem with the same boiler and posted it in the gas safe section.
Any help with fault finding would be appreciated.

google it or go on the pulsar sight for the mi,s at the end of the day its just a boiler

google it or go on the pulsar sight for the mi,s at the end of the day its just a boiler

Yes but it's about 20 miles away with no phone signal so any little pieces of information I could gather to save me heartache are helpful.

Yes but it's about 20 miles away with no phone signal so any little pieces of information I could gather to save me heartache are helpful.
whats the fault symptoms?

Pump runs for 30 secs on start up then goes into reset. Fan does nothing but had no equipment on me as I wasn't working when I called he flagged me down!
No access to fault codes fir the troubleshooting I've just seen in the MI's.

well start with polarity,do the mi,s give thermistor readings etc?

Not that I can see, just very basic fault finding from error codes that aren't displayed on the boiler

take the readings of the thermistors around 11k cold but can vary with make,can you post me mi,s i can take a look at its internals and advise from there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
well, I really cannot see what extra features...
Replies
Views
Yep that uses the ideal valves common issue...
Replies
Views
External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back