Wood boiler stove for UFH | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Wood boiler stove for UFH in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lenny

I have got an enquiry ongoing at the moment to fit a wood boiler stove via a 300litre thermalstore with solar ( 30 or 40 tubes ) to source UFH and DHW.
Am I right in saying to the client that the wood boiler stove is probably not the best source for UFH - for example if someone is at work all day - where does the energy come from to source the UFH given the time it takes to warm the slab up ?
The client wants to take the renewables energy route so would it be a good idea to suggest also adding a heat pump into the same system to maintain the temperature of the tank during the day when the best COP would also be achieved by the heat pump.

Thoughts , comments , critisicms gratefully received.

Many thanks

Len

A log burner dpending on its size can smoulder for 6-8 hours if their looking at an heat pump aswell then you need one ofe these
H5 control system

Thanks for the reply quality but letting a log boiler smoulder for 6 - 8 hours isn't going to keep a thermal store charged up if the UFH is on. Traveling to and from work afrer working 8 hours the log boiler will need re lighting. Why would I need a H5 control system if Im using a thermal store.

Len

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
You could prob have two circuits joined by a...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I have sketched out parts but missing...
Replies
Views
Working at a flow temp of 30 ? As a dt of 30...
Replies
Views
great, thanks for sharing, really difficult to...
Replies
Views
I
Yes press the button until there are 2 lights...
2 3
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back