Worcester 24i ignition probs | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 24i ignition probs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dockie

Hi I working on a24! That the fan was faul and replaced the fan but on restart the boiler would igniighte then go out like the flame sensor is faulty but replaced that and checked the wiring for continuity! No fault there!
Then replaced pcb as described in handbook but boiler is still showing the same fault!

Can anybody help?

Cheers

Gas pressure and water and central heating pressure all as they should be!
Expansion vessel has also enought pressure!

The fan was seized and it was just sitting silent with the pump running

Does the boiler actually ignite the gas and then lock out or just attempt to light?

It atemps to light burn for a few seconds then cuts out and just sits idol

something to do with the incorrect air gas mixture mabee? flue not connected correctly? only other things i can realy think of, hope you sort it m8

The boiler was workin fine before the fan failed! So I haven't changed anything that would affect mixtures ect.

Yeah it's small and I have also checked with the cover off so to see if it contacting the flame sensor correctly

Yeah it's at ignition pressure and goes out within about 5 secs I also checkered it with the cover off to see if the flame is contacting the sonsor correctly

I assume by taking the cover off to see the flame its the old 24i not the Greenstar?

Check the burner pressure at start up, the M.I's say it should be 1mb for 60secs before modulating.

But it's not continuing onto a continuous burn it is giving the symptoms of being the flame señor ie the spark is not stoping and then goes out but I can check the burner pressure tommorow! When I am back there. Do u think I could be the gas valve?

Could possibly be a faulty gas valve, possible faulty solenoid on it.

I will check that out! I thought it might be the valve but I wasn't sure! But the thing is why would it give the symptoms of being the flame sensor and not the valve. Would it be the flame is not hot enough to activate the sensor?

Just a quick thought, you said your a caravan engineer so I assume your on LPG, so you should have 3.5mb instead.

Another one to check if you switched the gas off whilst changing the fan via the isolation valve under the boiler make sure it did open fully and that there is nothing blocking it. You will still get your pressure at the gas valve even if its open a tiny bit.

No that's not an issue as I didn't switch it off but I checked it was fully open when I started I have probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I would suggest you contact gas safe to report...
Replies
Views
D
Apologies, I don’t believe it is condensing...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Can I have your gas reg number please so I can...
Replies
Views
Have you checked L-N ? 240 ?
Replies
Views
Back