Worcester 25 i | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 25 i in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long enough to go through and terminate through a wall tho .

Like i said i hope people like you fit them as it keeps people like me busy repairing ,

your pap is my pay

Where did it terminate (left) (right) or (back)

Yes and no if cus asked for one to be installed I would do it, just don't like people saying they paid 50 for some copper pipes and then complaining about them (when they could of made there own, easy enough)

And then moaning they should make one flue that fits all events/ applications

Wrong i asked for a stand off kit and got a box of pipes "BARGAIN'

Why don't they make a flue like the others?

Enlighten me

Main eco elite or Worcester for me only because customers always want a Worcester, Either way I get paid, and stand off kit, you mean two 3x2 batons screwed to the wall

Wrong i asked for a stand off kit and got a box of pipes "BARGAIN'

Why don't they make a flue like the others?

Enlighten me

It's not hard have a look in a Worcester product book non is listed so that was either down to you or your supplier not Worcester

And like others you mean 1m of flue and elbow if yes they do but then you would have to cut it, but as most don't and leave the rest hanging out

Thats what i did 3x2 because the worcester engineer has never heard of a stand off kit lol

Thats what i did 3x2 because the worcester engineer has never heard of a stand off kit lol

If your reason for the stand off kit is pipes that's lazy, if it's flue fair enough

It's not hard have a look in a Worcester product book non is listed so that was either down to you or your supplier not Worcester

And like others you mean 1m of flue and elbow if yes they do but then you would have to cut it, but as most don't and leave the rest hanging out

Ahhh thats it several calls to worcester the local rep and engineer don't count ??

The local engineer didn't even know what a stand off kit was :13:

If you read you will see i posted about piping rear in this instance no chance.

However like i said after calls to worcester what they claim was crap.

simples

To be fair sounds like your unfamiliar with the Worcester range of boilers, flues & kit etc...

I only fit Worcester & when quoting can normally suss out what kit I would need or problems would arise etc... I find it easier to stick to one boiler manufacturer for this very reason as its too hard to know all the range for every different boiler maker!

E.g the intergas range would be completely Alien to me, looks like you gotta buy separate expansion vessel kits, stand off kits & God knows what else... I'd be cursing them like you are Worcesters now lol!

With the Worcester flue the regular telescopic does 9/10 rear exit flues unless the walls are pretty thick. The longer telescopic flue is a safer bet if you suspect the wall is thicker etc!

As for all the 3x2 comments, I spotted a Worcester fitted by BG last week stood off in a kitchen on wood by the looks just to make the old flue hole line up!! It looked rough as hell! Would have looked much better to knock a little extra out the wall to line up the flue lol!

Worcester don't do a stand off kit, is this what you are angry about? The fact you had to buy pipes instead of just pulling a few bends yourself. I personally count it as a plus that there is no stand off kit as you can still fit the boilers in kitchen cupboards etc and run the pipes up the back.
As for the flues, they do two different sizes of telescopic flue to overcome to issues you came across. That way you never need to cut a flue or extension etc, which is like the worst job in the world. Again, I see this as a good point. It really does look like all of this could have been avoided by spending 20 minutes researching the boiler and optional extras that can come along with it.
As for boiler swap by midday, don't get me started!

To be fair sounds like your unfamiliar with the Worcester range of boilers, flues & kit etc...

I only fit Worcester & when quoting can normally suss out what kit I would need or problems would arise etc... I find it easier to stick to one boiler manufacturer for this very reason as its too hard to know all the range for every different boiler maker!

E.g the intergas range would be completely Alien to me, looks like you gotta buy separate expansion vessel kits, stand off kits & God knows what else... I'd be cursing them like you are Worcesters now lol!

With the Worcester flue the regular telescopic does 9/10 rear exit flues unless the walls are pretty thick. The longer telescopic flue is a safer bet if you suspect the wall is thicker etc!
Well I should be familiar as fitted min 3 a week for about 3 years on the bounce not overly long ago.

I seriously just don't rate them and I this instant they wanted a worcester and to make it fit as with the kit they make I would seriously have to dismantle half the kitchen.

Now in any circumstance that ain't right

Worcester don't do a stand off kit, is this what you are angry about? The fact you had to buy pipes instead of just pulling a few bends yourself. I personally count it as a plus that there is no stand off kit as you can still fit the boilers in kitchen cupboards etc and run the pipes up the back.
As for the flues, they do two different sizes of telescopic flue to overcome to issues you came across. That way you never need to cut a flue or extension etc, which is like the worst job in the world. Again, I see this as a good point. It really does look like all of this could have been avoided by spending 20 minutes researching the boiler and optional extras that can come along with it.
As for boiler swap by midday, don't get me started!

Jeez where are you lot getting buying pipes from ?
I asked for a stand off kit they supplied pipes which I could have bent myself !!
Like I said earlier fit what you want I won't fit one again .But I rip out or repair Worcesters on reg basis and from my experience your crap is my pay

As for all the 3x2 comments, I spotted a Worcester fitted by BG last week stood off in a kitchen on wood by the looks just to make the old flue hole line up!! It looked rough as hell! Would have looked much better to knock a little extra out the wall to line up the flue lol!

I only ever use the 3x2 stand off method if its just a boiler swap and it wouldn't be fesable to move the pipes to get in the allowed space in the back of the boiler

Sounds like an awkward job, I expect any make boiler would have been a pain!

On the plus side the Worcester I boiler has been made a direct swop for the old existing I junior range, the hole positioning & all pipes are in the same position so it will be some of the easiest boiler swops ever! I noticed this on a Worcester promo video!

I used to like not needing a stand off bracket and got used to knowing how to bend the pipes off the top of my head.

I've had the problem of flue not being long enough but then I think most boilers would of been the same as it was a lovely cottage with walls over 1 Mtr thick!!!!!

Nout much wrong with the compact, although I will say the case is a bit flappy.. reminds me of a ferroli god forbid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Fixed the leak, replaced the pressure relief...
Replies
Views
There could still be 22mm pipework left...
Replies
Views
Hounsfield are great boilers, but dont do a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Back