worcester 25si (old model) boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss worcester 25si (old model) boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

clstemp

Hiya, I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice. We have just moved house and are having some problems with our boiler. It is a Worcester 25si (old model) sealed system boiler. The house was empty for a few months before we moved in and was completely drained and switched off. We have had someone in to refill the system and turn everything back on. It was ok for the first 10 minutes as it was refilling, but then it made a really loud banging/clanking noise, the pressure increases and the boiler cuts out and the error lights flash. We can restart the boiler, but then the same happens again.

The hot water was constant and there was heat in the radiators. There was a leak in one of the radiators, which has now been fixed, and the water in the boiler is really black and dirty (I don't know if this could be an issue)

We have been advised that it could be an airlock or something, which doesn't seem to be venting out. However, I don't know if there is any other problems, or what could be causing the issues. Anyway, we were just hoping for some advice if possible, if anyone has any ideas that would be brilliant.

sounds like your pump is jammed to me, get your installer to sort it he should have done so when they filled it and fired it up. imho

if wateris really black and dirty would also suggest you get system flushed and a filter fitted and inhibitor put in, this black water can cause probs for your boiler and system, imho

We're not sure if the plumber did, as he filled the system. He did try and relieve some of the pressure by opening the valve from the central heating out pipe and opening the air valve at the top of the boiler though. He was also fiddling with the pump draining valve whilst the system was running from what I could see.

ok, is lock out reset flashing, and blue light slow flash. You may have blocked heat exchanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
B
No the installers need to come out
Replies
Views
thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
170L is barely enough for 2 showers for us...
Replies
Views
Back