Worcester 35CDi domestic hot water... odd fault.....pcb? | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester 35CDi domestic hot water... odd fault.....pcb? in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

F

farqueue

GC number 4731139 (N.G.) Worcester 35 CDi

I am really scratching my head with this one! Firstly wherever I set the temp guage on the boiler for dhw it makes no difference not sure of the exact temp but it goes from hot to sometimes scalding hot - intermittent. If I try to run a bath the water starts to run cold after a while & then hot again in other words "Cycling" but I get more cold than hot!

I have replaced the DHW sensor - no change at all.

My theory is that the boiler is sensing an overheat situation on the dhw and that is why it is "Cycling" BUT is it doing that because a pot on the control board is stuck on full (Which would explain why moving the dhw temp dial has no effect)

Any thoughts before I shell out on a PCB? Grateful thanx in eager anticipation ;)

P.S. I repair domestic appliances not boilers but this is my own :-(

THIS......you will love! After several months of the hot water cycling again I did as you said Diamondgas, I checked that spindle and then thought I will just have to change the pcb.....I did that yesterday and guess what? No you don't eevne need to do you? But anyway you are right lol ....The furkin' thing is still exactly the same.

I am determined that it is fixable BUt I am now completely at a loss to explain the cause of this crazy fault:20:

Upvote 0
If I am not certain and suspect a major part but can not prove it after speaking to worcester technical then I usually refer it to them as they will come out for £215 including vat and if it is less than 10 years old then they will persist until it is fixed.
Better than forking out hundereds on parts that you arn't sure about and the customer will appreciate your honesty.

Upvote 0
If I am not certain and suspect a major part but can not prove it after speaking to worcester technical then I usually refer it to them as they will come out for £215 including vat and if it is less than 10 years old then they will persist until it is fixed.
Better than forking out hundereds on parts that you arn't sure about and the customer will appreciate your honesty.

NOW you tell me hahahaha cheers anyway Mike .....BUT .....It's MINE :banghead:

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
  • Question
Just an addendum to say I have done my beést...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Adam, I’d be asking to speak to a senior...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You need a gsr. We do not give advice on...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back