Worcester boiler programmer anomoly | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester boiler programmer anomoly in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

YEDMANS

Hi all

I have a Worcester Greenstar 28i junior boiler which incorporates a dt20 programmer. There appears to be an anomoly as there is hot water being supplied to the taps even when HW on the DT20 is in the OFF position ! How can this be ?? Would pressing the RESET button clear this apparent fault ? Thanks for any help.

It's a combi isn't it? Instant hot water ...... Haven't got a clue what a dt20 is but a combi only needs a timer for the heating!

A dt20 is a Worcester digital clock

Why would you want to turn the hot water off?
Just use the cold tap!?!?!?!

The hot water side of the programmer on a Worcester combi controls the "pre-heat" function of the hot water in the boiler

The hot water side of the programmer on a Worcester combi controls the "pre-heat" function of the hot water in the boiler

I'm pleased my post may have been a little amusing to some of the more experienced members who took the time to reply! This tells me any fears I may have are hopefully unfounded ! However, I can only quote from the DT20 Programmer Instruction Manual supplied with the Worcester which states HOT WATER: "press SELECT to choose either A: - OFF = constantly OFF or B: TIMED = up to 3 ON/OFF time periods or C: ONCE = 1 ON/OFF time period or D: ON = constantly ON. No reference is made to the pre-heat function except in reference to the ECO button on the boiler itself, which when illuminated means the pre-heat function is not enabled. However it does seem sensible to me that the pre-heat function should be programmabe as it would otherwise operate 24/7 (very expensive I would imagine). Any further comments would be much appreciated. Also Gray0689 what is this monthly award I may be honoured to receive ? Your post doesn't make it very clear and I am now intrigued !

Last edited by a moderator:
The ones i have fitted i just told people the hot water side has no function, like you say there is a pre-heat or eco button on some worcesters.

It wouldnt be that expensive to run, i believe the boiler pre heats 1 litre of water... but maybe you dont want to pre-heat it 24 / 7... so just leave it on timed???

Phone Worcester and ask.. then let us all know there response lol!

I tell most customers to leave the preheat turned off kinda ruins the effecency i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Thank you for reply. I have isolated the noise...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Back