Worcester Bosch 240 bf - central heating, delay on ignition | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Bosch 240 bf - central heating, delay on ignition in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jaw

Hi

I visited a customer today to carry out the annual service on their WB 240 bf boiler. During checks I noticed that when you set demand for the central heating the boiler will not ignite for between 1min 58secs and 2mins 06 secs, the pilot light still remains on though. External heating controllers and boiler were set to max and the boiler was tested from cold due to the mild weather. I refered to the MI's and followed the fault list. Upon carrying out the tests the WB diagnosis was to replace the gas valve. How can this be so when the boiler operates perfectly when a water demand is created regardless of whether it is in water or water / heating mode. I contacted WB technical who agreed with this. The only thing they could offer is that the CH thermistor was faulty, even though it didn't appear in their original fault list. As asked, I tested the thermistor for resistance but it read OL, I thought I'd cracked it even though I wasn't totally convinced. I replaced the thermistor and hey presto, still no joy. Just out of curiosity I decided to check the resistance of the new thermistor but again this was OL. I have a feeling that the PCB may be at fault, but before I invest money into an ancient boiler I just wanted to ask the thoughts of you guys on here.

Your thoughts are much appreciated, Thanks in advance

Hi jaw. Unfortunately we can't give out advice on boiler repairs on an open forum. You need to pm gasman or redsaw with your gas safe details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
It worked! Brilliant and amazing! This has...
Replies
Views
Back