Worcester Bosch 24i tepid water | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Bosch 24i tepid water in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hi

We have a worcester bosch 24i 10 years old, the CH works fine everything looks ok with the boiler, the hot water though is tepid, this has just happened today. The diverter valve is operating correctly when you turn on the hot water tap on , so it is a mystery. Any ideas?

Chris

maybe as its cold outside the incoming water is cold and the little w/b us not powerfull enough to get the temp uplift at the flow rate you require...its easy just slow down the hot water demand and see what happens ...centralheatking
modern W/b uck ...10 year old one might just be a keeper ..got
one in Selby Drive it is fine just gets on with its job
chk

Which 24i is it mate? Can we have a picture please?

DSC_0151[1].JPG

W

what was his prognosis?

He was doing me a favour but he didn't have time to fully inspect it, but he said the diverter valve was moving up and down as it should be when the tap is turned on, although he couldn't rule it out as being faulty, he may be able to come back tomorrow and have a proper look. I have since turned off the CH and ran hot water out of the tap slowly and it went hot, so i am am baffled now?.

Chris

I know a plumber who checked it for me, but didn't have time to fully inspect but he said diverter valve is ok
Here you say he said it was ok mate
He was doing me a favour but he didn't have time to fully inspect it, but he said the diverter valve was moving up and down as it should be when the tap is turned on, although he couldn't rule it out as being faulty, he may be able to come back tomorrow and have a proper look. I have since turned off the CH and ran hot water out of the tap slowly and it went hot, so i am am baffled now?.

Chris
But here he cannot rule it out. Doesn’t sound right to me.

Oh and the bottom right hand corner of the boiler case doesn’t look like it is fitted correctly.[/QUOT

Clearly I didn't explain properly at first, i'm probably trying to sound as if i understand the problem, when i don't.

Similar plumbing topics

I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
There could still be 22mm pipework left...
Replies
Views
Condense blocked When was it last serviced
Replies
Views
Back