Worcester Bosch - Flue relocation advice | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Bosch - Flue relocation advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did they overcome building over the Inspection chamber on the right in picture in post 4?
Has it been relocated?
Was permission sought from the Local water company to build over what is probably a common drain (theirs not the house owners) running across the back of all the houses?

How did they overcome building over the Inspection chamber on the right in picture in post 4?
Has it been relocated?
Was permission sought from the Local water company to build over what is probably a common drain (theirs not the house owners) running across the back of all the houses?

Yes full build over request granted from the local water company. Rodding eyes provided too!
Not really what this thread is about though to be fair, thanks for checking!

I just want to know if there are other options for venting the boiler up and through the roof. If possible not moving the boiler from the kitchen!

Off that boiler you've got different flue options. Can go up to 15m vertically i think with 125mm or about 10m horizontaly. You engineer can tell you.

That was why I was wondering.

if i remember right if you go out the wall needs to be 600mm to the boundary and 300mm if you go through the roof

might just fit but would be close

the best option would be the bedroom if you could live with that op

We know you don't like the answer but safety is our paramount prerogative.

I know you have said safety is paramount but as myself, Croppie and others have said, moving the boiler is the only way. A plume kit, periscope or whatever you want to call it is a no go.

You need to post on the Looking for an engineer section or get your own GSR engineer out to advise further as us looking at pictures on this thread isn't going to get your boiler moved.

I know you have said safety is paramount but as myself, Croppie and others have said, moving the boiler is the only way. A plume kit, periscope or whatever you want to call it is a no go.

You need to post on the Looking for an engineer section or get your own GSR engineer out to advise further as us looking at pictures on this thread isn't going to get your boiler moved.

I'm absolutely with you all. Not looking for a shortcut, safety is paramount and moving it will be what it is, straight up in to as tidy a position as it can go within the bedroom directly above, venting straight out the back wall at that height. It is ultimately going to become the guest bedroom anyway!

I really appreciate all of your opinions and solid advice. Thank you.

Now I need to stop the builder until the boiler is moved!

In the meantime, it's off and the Carbon Monixide alarm tested. I've also ordered another two CM alarms for the bedrooms, this evening, as fail safe! They get delivered tomorrow. You got me worried.

Thank you Tim, we know it's really not the advice you wanted to hear, but it is the best way to go. And most importantly, the safest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, thank you for the reply. It's confusing...
Replies
Views
https://www.vaillant.co.uk/downloads/ecotec-sus...
Replies
Views
You seem to have an understanding of what...
Replies
Views
R
Everyone has their own preference There is no...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun appreciate you taking the time to...
Replies
Views
Back