Worcester Bosch System boiler with vented or unvented hot water cylinder? | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Bosch System boiler with vented or unvented hot water cylinder? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where would the expansion vessel be? In the boiler itself? As there is not one in the loft or next to the system boiler.

The house did have an old stelrad boiler with separate systems for upstairs and downstairs (is that possible?)

They had to install a non return valve on one of the pipes to the hot water cylinder beneath my daughters bedroom which they said they would normally do on an old coal fire / back boiler system to stop it over venting up into the cold water cistern in the loft? Again hopefully this makes sense?

System boiler so expansion vessel in boiler

if anyone can recommend a g3 plumber who is time served and quality in swansea/south wales please let me know

Hi

It was mentioned about opening the gate valve fully on the cold feed to the cold water storage tank but there is no gate valve, which I think you will be able to see on the pics I posted.

How much ballpark would I be looking at to rip all this pipework out, remove tank and hot water cylinder and install a new unvented hw cylinder next to the boiler in the garage?

Also what are the best unvented cylinders on the market and in terms of high quality spec what else should I be looking for on the quotes I recieve, I just dont want to get ripped off again or have poor workmanship from gas safe/ worcester bosch accredited plumbers.

Some people have no pride in their work

I don't even think a blind man would be glad to see that ( Plastic pipe to pump )

Some people have no pride in their work

I don't even think a blind man would be glad to see that ( Plastic pipe to pump )

Thanks all I I am looking for now is a good spec in a replacement unvented system and ripping all this out, what I should be looking for in the quote and also from the plumbers.

Would appreciate any advice and guidance please as I want a good quality unvented cylinder and to rip all this old pipework out but I don't want to be ripped off again as it reflects badly on the plumbing industry

Lauren

Its a big job and you should get some recommendations, get few quotes. Dont look for cheapest as that can be a sure way to get even more problems than some air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
200mm apart ffs not good if not a very good...
Replies
Views
Look at a Viessman 222 10 year manufacturers...
Replies
Views
Have you tried turning it off and on again ?
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
Back