Worcester Greenstar 12i System Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester Greenstar 12i System Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

capitanpugwash

Just been installing one of these and upon wiring it up am having problems with it. It is a replacement for a Baxi Bermuda setup and we replaced the switching cables into the wiring centre on a like for like basis. The only problem seems to be that the boiler needs a permanent live which means that we have ended up with power from the original spur into the wiring centre in addition to from the boiler. Turning off the spur to the centre (second power supply now) allows the boiler to fire on demand for hot water but still it doesn't turn on for heating. :confused:

It doesn't look like the standard y-plan and I'm not very confident with wiring. Has anyone a plan that works for a greenstar system boiler. Looks a little complicated to me... :eek:

make sure you have a "hot water off" wire from programmer to grey wire on the mid pos valve

Luckily after a lot of prodding and poking I gave up. This meant that, of course, the whole setup worked perfectly with no reason why it hadn't been up until now.:confused: It is always the case that the greatest of mysteries are often solved with such a flat ending as "it just started working". No lessons to be learnt sadly; apart from a trust in magic and a healthy dose of fairy dust.;):eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Glad you managed to get things sorted out in...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the input on this, much...
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
thanks.... yes, so my diagram and wording is...
2 3
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
Back