Worcester greenstar 30 kw cdin syetem boiler install | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester greenstar 30 kw cdin syetem boiler install in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richardd

I am replaceing a baxi sytems boiler with the above. There is a heating pump and and expansion vessel already fitted from the baxi.

Should I take the pump out and the expansion vessel as the grenstar has theses features within the boiler . Or will the system work fine without having taking them out

Installer althougth pretty new to the work . Just out of my time spent most of my time on industrial work. Having moved into the domestic market and just acheived my gas safe course.

I think the syetem will be fine without taking the pump and vessel out.

You said you are replacing a Baxi system boiler. A system boiler has expansion vessel and pump built in,so it should be a straight swap,as long as the expansion vessel matches the system volume.

If the boiler is a heat only model and the pump an EV are separate,then you would remove them when you fit a system boiler.That's pretty basic stuff really,have a good read of the installation instructions.

The baxi must be a heat only model as there is a pipeline pump beside the boiler and a vessel in the loft area .

If the boiler has a pump in it, take the old one out.
Leave the external ev, it won't hurt.
30kW? Must be a big house, are you sure you need a boiler that big?
Which fga do you use for this?

its 6 bedroom 3 bathroom. fga ( whats that ) flu gas analyzer

fga ( whats that ) flu gas analyzer
Yep, analyser.
By the way, make sure you use an independent timer that allows you to set ch and dhw times to be never on simultaneously; it can make a huge difference.

There is a an s plan honeywell smartfit control system fitted already from the baxi I was goint to connect to this. Althought disconnecting the pipeline pump from the baxi will that work fine.

The original 13 year old baxi ( heat only ) was a 30 kw. So with more efficent boiler I may go for a 24 kw heat only ( regular ) boiler. Which will mean i can use the existing pump expansion vessel and honeywell controls. What you think bengasman

You seem knowledgeable do you think this is a better idea to change the boiler to a heat only like the boiler and system before and go down to 24 kw. Rather than the systems boiler.

The original 13 year old baxi ( heat only ) was a 30 kw. So with more efficent boiler I may go for a 24 kw heat only ( regular ) boiler. Which will mean i can use the existing pump expansion vessel and honeywell controls. What you think bengasman
I use a different approach than most.
I don't do heatloss calculations on existing systems because my clients tend keep their radiators as long as they warm the rooms up sufficiently. They don't want to spend money to satisfy a theoretical calculation, nor would I recommend they did.
Therefore, I simply measure the total length of radiator panels present, adjust that to 600 mm high, and then take one kW for every meter length. If there are no consideration for extensions, that is the number of kW boiler I go for; next boiler up from that number is what I get.

Forgot to ask, apart from model fga, how did you come to that choice? I am writing a couple of articles on fga use, and am trying to find out some different views about them.

You need to do a heat calculation to know what size of boiler is required for the house,24 kw may be ok,or it might be undersized,hard to say without seeing the house.

You need to do a heat calculation to know what size of boiler is required for the house....
What would you do if the heatloss calculation indicated 40 kW, but only 20 kW worth of radiators installed ( or vice versa ), and the client finds all the rooms warm enough?

used it in trainig course . instuctor recommended it . You can also get 8 calculations on one screen

So if there is a total of 22 meters of lenght in all the rads you go for a 24 kw boiler. Is this what you mean

That's it.
The calculation may say 30, 40 or whatever, but if the rads can't dissipate it, there is not much point in getting a bigger boiler if the client has no intention of adding more capacity.

used it in trainig course . instuctor recommended it . You can also get 8 calculations on one screen
Thanks.
Being relatively new to this, what do find the number 1 advantage of using fga, and what the biggest downside ( don't say costs :) )

Accurate calculation and piece of mind . Its also a must theres no getting round it if you are a professional engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Personally I would remove the tmv valve and go...
Replies
Views
Back