Worcester greenstar 30 kw cdin syetem boiler install | Boilers | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester greenstar 30 kw cdin syetem boiler install in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Accurate calculation and piece of mind .
Piece of mind more than with other machines?

As for calculation accuracy, there are different methods, and you can argue about which one is better. Any fga that is approved for use in our line of work meets the accuracy norms by a margin.
I am working on an article about the pros and cons of the different types of fga for use in domestic install/repair.

Its also a must theres no getting round it if you are a professional engineer
No, there isn't. That is one of the reasons I am trying to find out what motivates people in their choice of model.

It also seems strong and sturdy. It looks like it could take a knock unlike the testo . The magnet is also strong. I also like the rubber casing and large buttons.

Hope this helps

I am going for the baxi heat only 30 kw boiler for this job. FINAL DECISION .

What would you do if the heatloss calculation indicated 40 kW, but only 20 kW worth of radiators installed ( or vice versa ), and the client finds all the rooms warm enough?

That's unlikely unless they're Eskimos.

But if I'm sizing for a boiler change then I would base it on the output of the rads already fitted,allowing for extensions,etc,and providing the customer is happy with the heat output.

They were happ with the old 13 year old 30 kw baxi. So I am going with the same again another 30 kw heat only baxi . I could prop get away with a 24 kw due to better efficent boilers but I am going to keep it at 30 kw incase they increase the circuit at some stage.

I am going for the baxi heat only 30 kw boiler for this job. FINAL DECISION .

The baxi solo he30 comes factory set at 22kw, you have to remove a jumper from the pcb to increase it to 30kw.
If there's only 20kw worth of rads to heat up you might find it's adequate on the lower setting.

I am going to leave it factory set and see how it goes. If I have to I will increase.

The Baxi Solo heat only boiler is terrible. Stick with the Worcester.

Afaik, Baxi Solo ain't the greatest boiler ever assembled.
Bear in mind also, that the gaspipe has to be able to supply gas at the boiler at maximum rate plus cooker with minimum of three rings at the same time whilst less than 1mb drop at either appliance.

Whats the worcester heat only boiler like 30 kw
Decent boiler, but personally I would check if a Viessmann would fit here. Easily as good a boiler if not better, and full 5 year warranty and better price.

To be honest how bad is the baxi because the baxi would fit perfectly with little rectifing of pipework and wiring.
The baxi has 28 mm connections also which is the same as the pipework that is already installed . The connections on the baxi are also in the same place as the old baxi on the top right .
The flu hole in the brick wall would also be in the same place.

Does it matter whether it is medium bad or very bad? You've got a customer willing to spend good dosh, so why do you even consider an inferior product because it is easier to hang on the wall?

It couldnt be a bad boiler if it conforms to all of todays standards. Why would they produce it if it wasnt going to sell next to its competitors in a tough market .

One guy said its bad dosent mean everyone thinks so. This could be down to a personall isolated experience.

You could have one person dogging a worcester model if they have had an individual bad experience with it.

Online independant reviews suggest the baxi is a very efficent quality product at an affordable price

You will have a bloody hard time finding anyone in his right mind who will choose a solo as the best out of WB, Viessmann and Solo.
Baxi as a brand, being an Italian product, is not considered top quality by most installers, and the Solo is not their flagship by any means.

Online independant reviews suggest the baxi is a very efficent quality product at an affordable price
Of course they do.
It's a HE boiler, so more efficient than the ones they replace.
Affordable price is a euphemism for cheap product.

How exactly do those two statements up to: QUALITY?

And more importantly, how many of those "independent reviews" are done by experienced heating engineers?

There is nothing wrong with replacing an old baxi with a newer Baxi Solo HE model.
We (that is the men) have fitted loads of old baxi Solos and are now replacing them with HE.
It is relatively simple job - good!
Baxi are part of one of the biggest suppliers of such products in europe & the world!
And there back up through Heateam and spare parts is excellent, in our experience.

The other boilers are good too, V and WB
Richardd, as you are starting out really focus on building long term customers and you can be replacing this same boiler in 12-15 years time and earning money servicing the boiler every year. Installing boilers with 5 year warranty is good for your business as you know you've got happy customers with no troubble for 5 years. But for their warranty to be valid they must have the boiler serviced each year - you could be doing that.

Whats the warranty on the baxi.

got it 2 years.

If you do a good professional service on the boiler and show professional customer care you would expect to keep that customer and servicing there boiler each year

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
Could be right above the boiler pipework or...
Replies
Views
I’m guessing the installer didn’t have a...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Personally I would remove the tmv valve and go...
Replies
Views
Back