Worcester or valliant | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester or valliant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

ih1

Gas Engineer
Have to buy a new boiler in the next few day. Wonderiing what use think is the better option Worcester greenstar 38 cdi or vailliant 837 both working round about the same price

many thanks ian

I'd say vaillant easier to work on and install logical construction and better customer service IMO.

Last edited:
Agreed, Vaillant, your engineer will thank you!

The Ferroli is a "different" option with many hidden features

They are both excellent boilers, and its unlikely you will be sorry you bought either of them. Ignore all the engineers talking about how easy/hard they are to work on - thats not your problem! :)

Neither are cheap, so just a suggestion - having spent a lot of money on a good boiler, don't skimp on the installation side.

To be honest, a middle of the road boiler, fitted by a good engineer, onto a properly flushed system, with all the other bits tickety-boo is likely to last quite a lot longer than an excellent boiler chucked onto a dirty system by a couldnt-give-a-toss installer on a tight price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd say vaillant easier to work on and install logical construction and better customer service IMO.

Im sorry, but when did Vaillant overtake Worcester on customer service...? I don't think that will ever happen!

5 or 7 year guarantee on both boilers at least, I'd go Worcester :)

Have to buy a new boiler in the next few day. Wonderiing what use think is the better option Worcester greenstar 38 cdi or vailliant 837 both working round about the same price

many thanks ian

worcestor= Devils *****

I fit Worcester CDi Classics generally. Very nice boilers. I've fitted lots and lots of Worcesters and never ever had a problem with one ever. So that's why I fit them. But I think Ray nailed it, i'm just installing them well :):)

Don't forget that Vaillant have had their fair share of issues. But they are nice to repair and service.

And there is absolutely no way that Vaillant customer service is better than Worcester. Worcester service is pretty amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are both excellent boilers, and its unlikely you will be sorry you bought either of them. Ignore all the engineers talking about how easy/hard they are to work on - thats not your problem! :)

Neither are cheap, so just a suggestion - having spent a lot of money on a good boiler, don't skimp on the installation side.

To be honest, a middle of the road boiler, fitted by a good engineer, onto a properly flushed system, with all the other bits tickety-boo is likely to last quite a lot longer than an excellent boiler chucked onto a dirty system by a couldnt-give-a-toss installer on a tight price.

If a boiler is harder to work on then most engineers will try and avoid or charge more to fix so I suppose it is the customers problem take the ferroli most of avoid if we can lol.

An engineer who avoids Worcesters is an odd engineer. I don't know about you but where I am, Worcesters are absolutely ubiquitous.

Also, literally every single boiler quote I do, the customer mentions Worcester over any other brand.

It's the household name though isn't it. I think it's lost a little of its sheen. It's each to there own though I suppose.

An engineer who avoids Worcesters is an odd engineer. I don't know about you but where I am, Worcesters are absolutely ubiquitous.

Also, literally every single boiler quote I do, the customer mentions Worcester over any other brand.

Why odd I do work on them but I find them a pain in the arse to work on we all have our preferred boilers but I just don't think wb justify there price tbh us Yorkshire men like a bit more for our cash and less plastic.

WB incredibly well marketed boilers, thats why customers ask for them !!!, personaly I dont like them. Viessmann = the absolute dogs

Vaillant every time,good customer service next day call out if required! 5yr ,7 yr warranty depending on model when fitted by vaillant installer ,easier to install,components copper,brass,aluminium ,stainless steel,very liittle plastic ,if you have both in front of you your eyes with choose the vaillant a good choice of controls

I've only ever seen 1 Viessmann on the wall up here, I honestly didn't know they done domestic combi's till i seen it on the wall :).
What ever happend to Vokera? they used to be the name in boilers about 15 years ago.

What ever happend to Vokera? they used to be the name in boilers about 15 years ago.

Never the same after Claudio Guggliemucci (founder) sold the business. Then they got blown up at Buncefield. Haven't seen much of them since.

Never the same after Claudio Guggliemucci (founder) sold the business. Then they got blown up at Buncefield. Haven't seen much of them since.
Their Unica range is still a decent mid range boiler but as you said earlier, a good installation is as important as the boiler.
Went on the Viessmann course 12months ago and they were saying that when they brought their boilers to England they had a failure rate of less than one percent in Germany, but in the first year of supplying the same boiler in England they had a failure rate of approx 25 percent. When they flew the German engineers over to work out why, they fell about laughing at the poor filthy installations that we were fitting our boilers to.

I worked for a company doing repairs for viessman ,the boiler that was launched in Britain was a new model ,they had load of problems with ignition units,pcb s,gas valve unions potentionally leaking,the damper in mixing section sticking ,diverted valves failing just where not powerful enough and those rubber hoses on the main heat exchanger where prone to leak even on clean systems ,easy to work on though !

I recently installed (about 11 months ago) the Vaillant Ecotech Plus 837 in my own house - that should give an indication of what I think - enough said

I have been repairing boilers for 900years now or so it seems .Old Wooster are excellent and last a long time, anything made since 1997 is utter pap. A valliant of same age is normally in significantly better state than a wb who's plastic hydro block or poorly maintained and badly designed primary hex is dead leaking or in serviceable. Greenstar range keeps my wallet full .

Any half whit can become an acres sited installer why not let installer select boiler.

Oh cat pigions, ideal c40 vogue out performs both boilers much quieter, much better user interface and think better deals on a moment, plus 7 years ideal wozza!

Ray speaks my mind re installation versus make. However I'd never willingly install WB or Vaillant again having had to work on them in the past, only ever touch an Intergas at present, the simple technology and lack of bits to breakdown is what sell them to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
thanks again pork chop i will go for the 25kw...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back