Worcester or valliant | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Page 2 | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Worcester or valliant in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Ray - so you remember GR Claudio - Vokera man we met him in London in
1990 ish - he was the original Italian godfather - sold franchise to sell vokera to
anybody and everbody my mate bought one for somerset and then found out he sold
a similar one 10 miles down the road ! some people said he was funded by the mafia

they were crap then but easily fixed - we used balloons to replace the diaphrams on
the manifolds and the electrical stuff was easily fixed at the local radio shop CHK

QUOTE=Ray Stafford;599409]Never the same after Claudio Guggliemucci (founder) sold the business. Then they got blown up at Buncefield. Haven't seen much of them since.[/QUOTE]

Spent a happy few hours over the weekend replacing rubber hoses & jubilee clips on a 5 year old 618 (mum & dads). Who would have thought it !!!!!
If you would have told me 20 years ago that's how it would have to be been done, on the main F&R to heat exchange, I would have said you were stark raving mad. :cowboy:

Last edited:
does mean you can pop into your local garage for a metre of hose and a pack of jubilee clips for 1/2 the cost a merchant charges for the vailant part :)

Ray I saw some in B&Q a few years ago - but what do you mean about Buncefield ? CHK
Never the same after Claudio Guggliemucci (founder) sold the business. Then they got blown up at Buncefield. Haven't seen much of them since.

Worcester for me. I don't really see why people don't like them. Easy to install, all customers know the name. Good reputation, have had next to no problems on any of the ones I have installed and the back up service is second to none. Vaillants like to try and set fire to themselves, well the older ones, and also the diverters are always failing on them.

Ray I saw some in B&Q a few years ago - but what do you mean about Buncefield ? CHK
Vokeras head office was on the site next door to the buncefield explosion. Took the whole place down and they had to run the company from the Scottish depot for a while.

Spent a happy few hours over the weekend replacing rubber hoses & jubilee clips on a 5 year old 618 (mum & dads). Who would have thought it !!!!!
If you would have told me 20 years ago that's how it would have to be been done, on the main F&R to heat exchange, I would have said you were stark raving mad. :cowboy:
saunier duvals had rubber hoses on the heat exchangers 30 odd years ago

i used to love the saunier duvals so easy to work on compared to oither stuff around at the time and if well maintained they would last for ever it was poor installs and shoddy servicing that gave them a bad name

I'd go for an ideal vogue 40kw too. Superb boiler.

Never liked worcester, their design, construction and ruthless marketing ploys leave a lot to be desired. Used to fit Vaillant but gone off them. Too much rubber for my liking, prone to blocking up if not installed correctly and user interface on new models is nigh on unusable for a lot of customers who aren't tech savvy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think it matters a :nono: which boiler you go for as long has you keep your system clean, have regular servicing at the appropriate times, and generally look after it.
Boiler manufactures do not employ engineers to design a crap system.It's the crap that gets in the system that :nono: it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't think it matters a :nono: which boiler you go for as long has you keep your system clean, have regular servicing at the appropriate times, and generally look after it.
Boiler manufactures do not employ engineers to design a crap system.It's the crap that gets in the system that :nono: it up.

Really? Ok so the bloke who designed Baxi GA, ideal isar/icos alpha cb50 and most kestons was on free placement?

Would fit a viesmann in my own house, But given your choices I'd go for the vailant over the Worcester. They do make a lovely tv advert though

I have a vailant in my house, it came with it. The diverter valve pished out water into the fan and took both out...ouch.
Shyte happens with any boiler though... thankfully my company picked up the tab ;)

i used to love the saunier duvals

Never thought I would hear those words uttered. Down on the coast, you couldn't give them away. They were on the Portsmouth Council contract spec for years, but the lads wouldn't even nick them for PJs - they would rather buy a boiler than steal an SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
thanks again pork chop i will go for the 25kw...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Back