work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

T

tiling spread

any one in maidstone looking for work.
i need a rad removed and a bathroom moved from down stairs to a middle bedroom up stairs. (do i need planning for this)
maybe a new boiler too
im willing to help things along as im a trainee plumber. ( drill holes run pipes solder clean up make the tea )
we will be buying a new bathroom suite for the bath room (B&Q)
and ill buy all mats for the job too NOT GS PARTS if needed lol
all im looking for is a plumber to supply the labour ill buy all the mats
no tiling or anything like that just remove rad then re run pipes and waste for the new bath room up stairs (maybe fit new boiler)
ill need it doing asap

please email me [email protected]
or pm me ill send you my number

Out of interest why would you be supplying all the parts? If you're trusting the work to a tradesman wouldn't it make sense to trust him to supply the material he prefers and believes are correct for the job? The mark up a tradesman puts on his materials is not usually an enormous amount and when you consider the discount he gets from his merchant it may barely cost you any extra. Plus what he isn't going to make on materials he'll just add on the labour anyway.

was just trying to make life easy er as i get really good prices on plumbing gear and if its all there on site ready too go.
then theres no hold ups if theres stuff not there i can go and get it as ill be on site 24/7
as its on my mums new house i need to get it done sharpish as there will be a builder on site me trying to get ready for the new kitchen plastering rendering painting fitting new windows
i was just trying to help things along thats all

don't ask him for a list of fittings, tees elbs etc tho' just buy bags of them and whats left can go back to shop or used elsewhere..
drives me mad when cust asks how many fittings you goin to need ?? answer is "as many as it takes" lol

I"ve had jobs in the past were people say they"ll supply the stuff and always bump my rate because of it cos they will never get all the fittings you need and you will always need the one fitting you havent got to finish of a run of pipework, as watertight said the mark up wont be huge and he will probably have all the stuff he wants in his van

Don't knock the guy, he's at least offering work for someone on this forum. Who ever prices it up can make what they want of the job and price it accordingly.
He gets experience and someone else gets paid. A win, win situation in my book regardless of who supplies the materials.

I agree. He's offering work on the forum...and he's a regular on here. What's the problem!?

Maidstone isn't too far from me (I'm in Kent too) but if Stan is coming to help out, I'll leave it at that. He helped a mate of mine out in London recently and they were full of praise so you're in good hands.

Thanks, but honestly mate, I'm pretty busy right now anyway. Just don't why the poor bloke is getting so much grief when he's just trying to offer people on the forum work!!

Maidstone will still take me a good 40 minutes, so it's not exactly next door.

If no one else on here wa interested I would have tried to sort something out but I can't do anything for the next couple of weeks anyway.

Cheers though mate.

Who's having a pop at him? I just said buy a quality bathroom suite from a proper shop.
It won't cost much more and he won't be able to see through the bath in daylight!

cool a see through the bath can i put blue light under it and pa system in the corner raving in the tub lol love it:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:party at mine in the tub

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough MM.

I'm not getting into this anymore as it's all sorted now, so what's the sense in us bickering. You're right though. A decent suite should be bought from a proper shop/merchant.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi all, hope this is okay to post. Just over...
Replies
Views
Thanks so much guys, i appreciate ur advice...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
What is your source of hot water? What bar...
Replies
Views
Test flow rate/pressure of your mains. If it’s...
Replies
Views
Back